Agnostic.com
6 14

A full flower moon last night and it should be even nicer tonight if you have clear skies to view it from your garden. The first buds are on the trees and the daffodils have made their appearance, good things to come I hope.

Surfpirate 9 May 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Great shot - thank you taking 'the risk', it is appreciated 😁

Heidi68 Level 8 May 7, 2020

One of my favourite pics from when we were visiting Machu Picchu, really not as bad as it looks because the first drop is only about 30' and then there is a sloped section about 30' long and then it is over the edge and down to the valley bottom which is about 1,300'. You don't walk away from that one but at least this one had stone stairs, no handrails but at least stairs. 😀

@Surfpirate WOW! Talk about holding one's breathe!

It's the last Super Moon of 2020 tonight too!

RavenCT Level 9 May 7, 2020

Gorgeous picture!!

I did get a look at it before turning in. Sure looked full. Nice photo, my phone camera is shit for this kind of thing.

MarkWD Level 7 May 7, 2020

I had to take the shot from the upstairs balcony in order to get the composition right with the tree branches, a little sketchy as the railings aren't installed yet. It's a good 15' to the sudden stop on a limestone slab.

@Surfpirate so I see you're willing to endure a little risk for your craft.

@MarkWD When life stops being a risk it isn't worth living. I was forced to hang out over the edge to get the shot but it's not like walking the tops of the walls at Machu Picchu. A calculated risk, I don't heal up the way I used to.

Interesting. Several people here actually look to the moon for optimum (and not) times to plant and harvest their plants.

The farmer's almanac continues that condition if I am not mistaken. People used to insist on planting some crops by the light of a full moon, must have made it tricky getting the spacing right when sowing by hand.

The temperature dropped a bit so it was cool and clear here, and it was bright and beautiful to watch.

Lauren Level 8 May 7, 2020
Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top