Agnostic.com
5 16

8:00 AM...took my early morning walk through the garden with my coffee... 50 degrees outside and partly sunny. Everything looks good... The Iris are blooming and other flowers are doing fine. Gooseberries are setting fruit, raspberries are blooming and full of bees, black currents and strawberries are also blooming... beans are sprouting, broccoli is looking great, Bell peppers are blooming and eggplant looks fine, lettuce and kale are coming on strong... I have another flat of lettuce seedlings to plant... and may direct seed a row or 2 of lettuce for a late harvest...

FrostyJim 8 June 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Nice garden....stunning color on that flower!!

Robecology Level 9 June 22, 2020

A stunning oasis, just lovely - thank you for sharing it with us.

Surfpirate Level 9 June 22, 2020

That is an impressive set up. I thought maybe it was to extend your growing season but if you're in the ground at all I suppose an Alaskan winter means frozen ground?

MarkWD Level 7 June 21, 2020

Yes and some places in Alaska the ground never thaws - called permafrost

@FrostyJim I wonder if you get the variety of ice formation that they do in Iceland. I used to be flickr friends with an older woman there who took the most interesting photographs of ice (and other things). She also made quite a beautiful garden. Here is a gallery of my favorite ice photos by her that I put together there: [flic.kr]

It always struck me as miraculous that she could make such a garden in such a demanding cliimate. Here is my favorite photo of her garden.

@MarkWD HelgaB certainly takes some beautiful photos. I glad that you have preseved them for her.
Her garden is lovely. Is that in Rejkyavik?

@FrayedBear I never found out unfortunately. But I'm also glad to have that gallery of photos to remember her by.

@MarkWD So beautiful !

Do you get sawflies on your Gooseberries and, if so, how do you deal with them. I noticed grapes. What variety are these (I have a green table grape, Interlaken_.

JackPedigo Level 9 June 21, 2020

No grapes - maybe you are mistaking my Raspberries? Summer is too short for grapes in Alaska... No pests on my Gooseberries?

@FrostyJim You're right.The 4th picture is of Gooseberries. The leaves are different than mine and that's what fooled me. Perhaps your winters are too cold for the larva.

Wow, that's a lotta lettuce! Do you sell at the farmer's market?

Nope all my lettuce is for me - I just like salads and wraps or sandwiches with lettuce.

@FrostyJim Lettuce makes a good wrap on its own.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 5,325 More

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

Posted by KilltheskyfairyI love all the information on the internet that makes me a better gardener…

Posted by Jaylo64Primative hydroponic system /an old shoe rack and coffee cans ! Cans above drip into the cans below !

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,507Top