Agnostic.com
3 16

One of the more unusual chores in this climate, should have been done before hurricane season, we're 6 weeks in already - cleaning the coconut trees to remove weight up top and potential flying projectiles. My friend is an expert with a machete so we drank several 'water-nuts' as the young ones are known before the meat forms. The red wagon (my grandson's) contains only half of the production of one tree since February, there was also a wheelbarrowful and we left 3 immature bunches on the tree.

Allamanda 8 July 24
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That many waternuts will have the plumbing flowing very well indeed.

Surfpirate Level 9 July 24, 2020

I forget how that works. Laxative effect?

@MarkWD There seems to be a tipping point and suddenly the floodgates are open and for at least 12 hours.

@Surfpirate I've noticed if I eat a lot of watermelon it seems like I need to constantly pee a little. (Not a something I do late in the day.)

@Allamanda I would suppose that the intake of British Cheddar would offset the purgative effects of too much coconut water. Maybe you just need a bit more water and a little less cheese?
I spent 2 decades living in the islands and central/south america but don't trust me, find your limit instead.
"And if you drink large amounts of coconut water to get enough sodium, you'll soon realise that coconut water does have a laxative effect," it said. "But as a refreshing occasional drink, coconut water is fine." Similarly, coconut is believed to control sugar craving and help burn fat.Dec 4, 2014

@Allamanda If you ever have trouble with that cast iron stomach, my advice is just this. 🙂

You really are in the tropics. Cool.

MarkWD Level 7 July 24, 2020

@Allamanda Yeah I would have a hard time being active in that much heat. But the tropical plants are sure fun to see when we go to Hawaii.

@Allamanda Hmmm, well I'd take your water over theirs. As big an air temperature wuss as I am, I'm as bad or worse about cold water. Once followed my wife into some glacier melt on a very hot day camping. Felt like my head would explode.

How beautiful it is there! That a pleasant chore.

Lauren Level 8 July 24, 2020

@Allamanda True, a bit scary and hard work, but I'd rather do that than scrub a kitchen floor any day, especially in all that beauty. 🙂

Recent Visitors 33

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top