Agnostic.com
2 12
  1. Half of my pomegranate 2020 crop ,2 & 3) my 5 year old pequin pepper plant,
    Pequin has a compact habit, growing typically 0.3–0.6 meters tall, with bright green, ovate leaves and small berries that rarely exceed 2 cm in length. Like most chilies, the berries start out green, ripening to brilliant red at maturity. Pequin peppers are very hot, often 5–8 times hotter than jalapeños on the Scoville scale (30,000 to 60,000 Units). Flavor is described as citrusy, smoky (if dried with wood smoke), and nutty.[
    more here [en.wikipedia.org]
    If you'd like seeds message me .
glennlab 10 Sep 3
Share
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

1

Does it die back on winter and regrow when weather gets warm again?

Zoohome Level 8 Sep 5, 2020

It dies back to the ground here, but farther south it will winter over. I had a friend in San Antonio that picked them year round.. I'm going to plant a couple of starts this fall and see if I can get some new plants for the spring. They seem to do well in pots and in the ground.

@glennlab eventually I will take a piece. 🙂

3

I don't know about those hot, hot, hot peppers. I have come to understand that I am not fond of food that bites back.

RussRAB Level 8 Sep 3, 2020

I made 2 quarts of hot sauce last year, it was chase it with ice cream hot. Less than a teaspoon in a big pot of chilli was enough to take the hair off your chest. I gave away one bottle, and the other is still in my pantry. It is going to take a loooooong time to use it all.