Agnostic.com
3 8

“We are dust and to dust return. In the end we're neither air, nor fire, nor water, just dirt, neither more nor less, just dirt, and maybe some yellow flowers.”
Pablo Neruda

HelenRoseBuck 6 June 19
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

"In the end..." does not concern us. It is the here and now that are relevant, and here and now we are a lot of water, a bit of air, and some "dust "

To read between the lines of the quote, however, I certainly agree we are not separate from nature, certainly not above it, rather we are part of it and wholly dependent on it for our existance. And as a species, we are currently royally fucking it up! 😘

No we are mainly water.

Fernapple Level 9 June 19, 2021

But in the end the water evaporates and only dust/dirt is left.

@HelenRoseBuck The evaporate eventually condenses, and comes down as raindrops, so it is still very much there. In fact dust is ill defined, and may included particles which eventually fall apart, yeilding even more water. While water is one of the toughest and most durable molecules known.

@Fernapple well, your comment above sent me down a rabbit hole! Lol. By that I mean “google”
This was the first of many pieces available and it’s the one that took away my appetite. Cadaver farms are real but I won’t read about those.
Check this out for some interesting insight into decomp and how nature uses this decay to feed and grow

[mosaicscience.com]

@HelenRoseBuck Thank you I will.

That’s STAR dust to you!

Recent Visitors 27

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by FrostyJimI usually drink coffee while planting seeds?

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top