Agnostic.com
3 8

The cheek of of them all, unbelievable I say, unbelievable.
It seems that I was "running a bit late in "organising" breakfast for the local avian visitors so they may have 'elected' a 'spokes-bird' to drop a few friendly reminders at my front door.
Sitting quietly and enjoying my breakfast, a coffee and 2 slices of toast with bacon on them, may breakfast gets disturbed by a tap-tap-tapping sound coming from the front wall/door of my house.
I get up to check, not all that easy to do at present, but I do so and what am I confronted with but a pair of Crested Wood Pigeons tapping at the door/wall to remind me that their breakfast has not been delivered to them as yet.
So, I temporarily postpone my enjoying of my breakfast, got out and fill their seed bowl, under the very watchful eyes of one the more courageous of the Wood pigeons, am followed over to the seed bowl and no sooner than I start pouring in the seed than the awaiting 'crowd' starts to descend enmass almost like a crowd of hungry vultures on a fresh corpse.
Not only do the local bird life now visit my home for a free meal or two but as I return to MY breakfast and look out of the window I see that a number of vehicles are actually stopping and watching as the feather host enjoys their breakfast.

Triphid 9 Mar 11
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Good for you.

Fernapple Level 9 Mar 12, 2022

Seed bowl? I have 7 feeders, each with a specific type of seed. One suet feeder that I keep all year for the woodpeckers. When the peanut feeder is empty blue jays will verbally protest & woodpeckers visit my window. Never gets old.

Mooolah Level 8 Mar 11, 2022

Yes, seed bowl which mine is one made from a complete plastic base that goes UNDER a flower/plant pot.
Fyi, most of my Avian Guests are seed-eaters such Australian Cockatoos, Galahs, Crested Woodpigeons, etc, etc.
Though on some occasions I also get guests such as Magpies, Honey-eaters and the like for which I also have separate feeding stations set up, especially for the Magpies as they are primarily carnivorous in that they prefer raw meats, grubs, fish such as a sardines, mice, etc, etc, the honey-eaters get and enjoy my mix honey, concentrated fruit juices and distilled water which dribbles as they feed from a homemade and designed bird feeder.

Btw and FYI what I choose to call a seed bowl has a diameter of approx, 410 mms with a depth of only 16 mmm.
Imo, perfect for birds all sizes to feed from, which they have been doing now for well over 3 + years.

They have you trained well.

I agree with you 100%.

Recent Visitors 24

Photos 5,329 More

Posted by FernappleThe little woodland garden, is a symphony of blue, purple and white now. Hyacinth, Honesty, and Ornithogalum.

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,511Top