Agnostic.com
4 9

One of my favorite flowers is the blooms on a jacaranda tree aka Jacaranda mimosifolia. Purple! It grows in sub-tropic and tropical places (zones 9-11). The second link is a NY Times article regarding how they were planted in Mexico City. Sorry about the paywall, PM me if you are interested and I will send you a link to bypass the paywall. First link is Wiki.

[en.wikipedia.org]

[nytimes.com]

MizJ 8 Mar 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Jacarandas are a wonderfully beautiful tree, especially if there are many of them, the purple is breathtaking. Only one downside is the particles of sap that drop on your car if you park under one. Pretty sticky to get off...

racocn8 Level 9 Mar 25, 2023

I fell in love with them when I was in Belize, they are stunning when in full bloom.

glennlab Level 10 Mar 25, 2023

I am in Zone 9B, they are uncommon so I drive different routes just to see them every Spring. I wanted one for my yard but I don't have enough space.

@MizJ I saw so many beautiful trees there, and i had to keep telling myself, don't bother, they won't grow where you are.

@glennlab I thought the same when I was in Paris, France in the Spring. I miss this time of year in New England as well.

Lots of them along the east coast of Aus.
Many councils planted them for their spectacular blooms. One problem is that when they loose their blooms en masse,accidents happen. These blooms are very slippery underfoot and on the roads .(in times of urgent braking)

Yep, Toowoomba can be spectacular.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 19

Photos 5,327 More

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top