Agnostic.com
7 15

Found in the garden today. Winter Jasmine, Mahonia, and Winter flowering Viburnum. No snow here as yet.

Fernapple 9 Dec 25
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I so miss my Wisconsin winters. Killed the mosquitoes & gave me the quiet that keeps the wretched homosapiens indoors. I bragged that I lived in the frozen tundra, but that seems to be an anachronism. At least the snowmobiles are inoperative. First on my list of abhorrant winter practices. If this election doesn't flip the assembly, I am looking to relocate.

Mooolah Level 8 Dec 26, 2023

How wonderful!

Spinliesel Level 9 Dec 26, 2023

47F and sunny still have some plants trying to bloom.

glennlab Level 10 Dec 25, 2023

Took a walk in the full warm sunshine while the turkey bakes, with the dog, it's 48 degrees F.
In Connecticut. In late December.
Lovely yet creepy...I saw some dandelions blooming in the neighbor's yards.

Didn't you pick them to brew some tea?

@FrayedBear They were in a field where many walk their dogs like I was, so, no.........

It was 26 degrees at 6 am here in Deming New Mexico this morning. The sun is beautiful and bright and it's warmed up to 36 degrees at 9:40 am. No snow thank goodness!! 😍

I had a one day first year showing of Lobivia bridgesii (Salm-Dyck) Schlumpb. the other day. The woman across the road had some 20' high 12" diameter cactus that used to flower on the full moon November & December each year. She sadly had them chopped down about 4 years ago.

[en.wikipedia.org]

FrayedBear Level 9 Dec 25, 2023

Why would anyone do such a thing as to cut them down?

@Mooolah I wondered the same myself. They were magnificent.

However it seems to run in the genes round here. 2 years ago I returned from empowering others to vacation knowing that their pets were in good care to find that the neighbour on my my right had trespassed & cut down a 30' - 40' high healthy tree to a stump 2' high. The following year as it was sending forth new shoots they came in & had another go this time drilling 1" holes in the flat trunk top & probably putting poison in. The tree is still flourishing on. . . & The yucca that I put in to fill the gap is now also coming along nicely.

@FrayedBear Neighbors! The result of civilization.

@Mooolah the start of rare retribution by myself. I've planted a miniature forest of giant dahlias behind the shed adjacent to their yard. The copiuos flowers result in hundreds of air borne seeds to drift into their yard. I reckon in about 20 years the neighbourhood will be declared a dahlia disaster zone!

@Mooolah you know that the first war was created by a woman? Living in the cave with her husband Th'Ug she complained "Karen next door has a bigger warmer & drier cave than ours. She has a little stresm flowing through, we just have dripping walls & ceiling. Her cooking fire smoke goes straight up a fissure in the rock, ours eventually out that big entry that lets the cold, bears & lions in." She then put the cap on it by telling Th'ug that the couple had privacy in their sleeping alcove... And so the first neighbour war & slaughter started!

@FrayedBear I remember it well. =0}

That’s gorgeous!

It’s going to be 10 degrees C here in upstate New York. (50 degrees F for Americans). It looks like a sunny, Spring day. I have the heat off and windows open on Xmas Day! I always say if that’s global warming, I’ll enjoy it to death.

And indeed it will result in death.

@Mooolah No shit?

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 17

Photos 5,333 More

Posted by FrostyJim...as you Sow, So Shall you Reap

Posted by FrostyJimSurprise! Alaska has farm country too.

Posted by FrostyJimSurprise! Alaska has farm country too.

Posted by JolantaHappy hormones.

Posted by FernappleThe little woodland garden, is a symphony of blue, purple and white now. Hyacinth, Honesty, and Ornithogalum.

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,522Top