Agnostic.com
5 9

Are grubs and slugs ruining your planting beds? Place a few slices in a small pie tin and your garden will be free of pests all season long. The chemicals in the cucumber react with the aluminum to give off a scent undetectable to humans but drive garden pests crazy and make them flee the area.

KateOahu 8 Mar 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The cucumber or any food will Draw them in....that's the problem with beer in tins and so forth, many more than would normally be there show up...yes, some are killed but who wants to call them over in droves???!!!!

Then perhaps we should call them nearby, not in.

Diatomaceous Earth (a white powder) available during pool season everywhere including Walmart, is actually very gritty and can dehydrate them if they do not avoid it, and is non-toxic. You do need to reapply after every 2-3 rains as it sinks into the soil.

Good to know.

This interested me and so I did some quick research to check it out. I found sites that recommended this, but none could vouch for its effectiveness. The one I found who actually tried the method said it didn't work:

[gardenhacker.scrimshaw.com]

I'm willing to try anything

glennlab Level 10 Mar 18, 2024

Keep us posted.

I'm going to try it! 😉

Let us know how it goes.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 13

Photos 5,328 More

Posted by KateOahuThis morning I went to a class for making a terrarium with native plants at the Waikiki Community Center, which is about three blocks from where I live.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by FrostyJimToo cold to plant outside for another month here in Wasilla Alaska.

Posted by JolantaUnusual fungi.

Posted by FernappleI am trying to grow some extra salad crops this year in the new greenhouse.

Posted by JolantaBugg life.

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by glennlab My first flowers of this spring. Lotus and blue bells

Posted by FrostyJimSeedlings ..

Posted by FernappleIts Hellebore season now.

Posted by FrostyJim...don't be silly!

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

Posted by KateOahuI saw some pretty flowers on a walk today. I’d never seen a white Hibiscus before. And I do not know what the pink flowers are.

• Top tags#flowers #video #gardening #hope #god #religion #rain #friends #religious #world #reason #weed #weather #cats #kids #book #money #community #church #birds #dogs #Atheist #hell #mother #wife #children #death #Bible #Australia #florida #animals #Texas #Christian #hello #relationship #climate #Organic #agnostic #evidence #advice #parents #humans #coffee #species #belief #sex #atheism #truth #Jesus #apple ...

Members 1,508Top