Agnostic.com
5 13

Who can argue?

OldMetalHead 9 June 18
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

LOL...stolen and shared on FB!

Robecology Level 9 June 19, 2020

I was at a new employee orientation today. There were 17 people in the room, and I was the only one with a mask on!

Funny....but let's remember...viruses reproduce new generations every 8 hours...they evolve comparatively fast...they will get stronger, tougher, and more resilient. This was light. The next pandemic will be much tougher.

Robecology Level 9 June 18, 2020

Someone wrote a great sci-fi short story with similar theme about 40 years ago.

should have just let it take its course the first time IF we were not going to have a complete 100% shutdown. Now we will have mega super virus and a weak economic situation. so much for the meek inheriting the earth... now only the strong will survive......and the crazy

@chiara23k I don't think you understand the consequences of "letting the infection take its' course". Talk to any emergency room employee. Any doctor. Any nurse. The system was close to overwhelmed in many cities and states...and we're pushing that limit again. E.M.C. people are like soldiers....some getting ill and dying themselves....because of the sudden rush of patients.

No...we don't want to "let the infection take its' course" or we could end up extinct.

@chiara23k, @FrayedBear I forget the name of that story - I think it was also made in to a movie? Around 1980....The Andromeda Strain?

Here's a movie on a virus that started in California by a corrupt pet importer....

With great stars; Dustin Hoffman, Morgan Freeman, many others;

@chiara23k, @FrayedBear The Andromeda Strain by science writer Michal Criton was awesome, as well; that one was in 1971!

@Robecology the story I recall was inone of the monthly magazines - Asimov's or similar. It was about a chap who bred a new species of critter that grew in ability and intelligence every generation - about ½ day or less in human terms. By the time the military came to steal his colony he had ordered them to build a force field that was impenetrable by nuclear blast.

@Robecology we are getting lots of this type of movie on free to air TV. The last was "the Physician" with Ben Kingsley. A wonderful story of doctoring in the 1040 era including a dose of Bubonic Plague.
[en.wikipedia.org]

@Robecology - That is why, we need a complete 100% shut down for the virus to subside and pass it's contagious stage -biology 101 . If we did this 3 months ago, we would be done. Now we are going to have another spike with a virus that has gotten 3 months smarter. Which is going to lock us down another 3 months ( for nothing again ). Nobody can "not" work forever. I am NOT surprised by this and expected this result back in March when the government began this "partial" quarantine..that the virus would not completely stop. that people would beg to get back to work to pay bills so the government would open up and we would have outbreaks again ....basically the virus is "back on its course" again. I have a bachelors in biology and chemistry. I am well aware of viruses. My brother is a head nurse in ICU, I have heard about the covid in the ICU. I "get that the virus is real, and it is bad"...but the reality is people need to live and pay bills. If this keeps up....not only are people going to die of covid...but like the 2008 recession many more of them are going to die of suicide as well, and/or become homeless, we will have families with children homeless again..So unless, we have a full shutdown... the virus will continue to run its course....it has been just "prolonged" 3 months.

@chiara23k Now the question is...how do we make our political leaders aware of this?

So sad

Zoohome Level 8 June 18, 2020

Stolen and posted on facebook. Thank you.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 44

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators