Agnostic.com
5 13

I am still trying to figure this out. Surprisingly, women appear to be much more religious than men (IMO)

AravindAjith 6 July 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Self reinforcing delusions.

wolf041 Level 7 July 27, 2020

In the United States, for example, women are more likely than men to say religion is “very important” in their lives (60% vs. 47%), according to a 2014 Pew Research Center survey.

Why? Remember the vows of marriage is to "love, honor, and obey"....so there's that brain-washing going on.

As Pew points out (in this link, below) ALL the prophets, ALL the god images are men. Dominant, outspoken, tough men. Marriage vows; even of those who do strictly non-religious ceremonies...still hint at the notion of "taking" a partner rather than sharing a lifetime together.

The women of any - if not all - religions are painted as demure, passive, willing to be controlled and manipulated...and, for some, to be put on a pedestal and worshiped.

So I'm guessing that - apparently - many women like this...they prefer it to being "independent" or pushing for equality. They like the inequality that the religious view takes....and - unfortunately - too many old fashioned/macho/religious men smile and accept this notion.

[pewforum.org]

Robecology Level 9 July 27, 2020

Of course the Hindu are a bit more progressive on woman gods. Gotta love Kali... Nice, demure house mouse type 😄

Good question

bobwjr Level 10 July 27, 2020

I think it sprung from having less clout historically.

brentan Level 8 July 27, 2020

And smarter too.. 😂😂

That's true. 😊😊

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 47

Photos 77,326 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyFeminist food for thought…

Posted by YoujaesI saw this picture of the Chicken Sky Wizard and I thought it belonged here.

Posted by Ryo1"Everyone" 😆😆😆

Posted by noworry28So no free gas ever.

Posted by glennlabParenting is hard when you're honest

Posted by glennlabI proudly served, even if it was reluctantly, for 6 years.

Posted by bookofmoronscouldn't hurt I guess

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHelpful memes…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,988Top

Moderators