Agnostic.com
2 11

Nope, it wasn't.

Hathacat 9 Nov 19
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sad but true.

I was a quality engineer in a machine shop and needed some product data. I created a simple spreadsheet on paper with simple instructions. Went to a machinist, great guy, salt of the earth type and asked him to help me. Handed him the sheets with brief explanation, and he agreed to help.
Went back next day, no data. When I asked he just sheepishly shrugged shoulders. So explained again , he said sure, went back next day same thing. Went to my manager to see if I was doing something wrong, he pulled me aside and said “he’s illiterate, and was too embarrassed to tell me” ......btw, he was running a half-million dollar piece of equipment.

@Canndue Proof that Illiterate doesn't mean stupid. Except he should already have had a plan for this situation. Most do.

@Hathacat I went back to him and suggest we gather the data together, he was ecstatic and worked harder than anyone to feed me the data.

@Canndue Perfect!

I remember, I was a big advocate for the freedom of information.
We fancied ourselves to be "hackers."
As it turns out people are attracted to conspiracy, lies are six times more likely to spread than truth.
We have an appetite for "secret" information that "normal" people don't know about.
Not that it was much better when everyone was ignorant as hell, we just didn't have as much dunham kruger effect back then, ignorant people knew they were ignorant even if they didn't admit it.
Now you can believe that mice control the world and you'll find something on the Internet to confirm your stupid theory.

I was watching a woman in an assembly area assembling these tiny components. I was genuinely impressed at her skill. I commented “you have amazing manual dexterity!”. She got any , started cussing and declared “ she ain’t got manual dexterity!” ......alas

@Canndue Been in a similar situation, "Sorry did I say manual dexterity? I meant automatic dexterity" you can find stupid in both gender extremes and at all points between.

@Willow_Wisp absolutely, in my experience, when dealing with educated people, they tend to forget about their education and look down upon the uneducated. They forget that the uneducated are people too....

Recent Visitors 37

Photos 77,336 More

Posted by KilltheskyfairyImaginary???

Posted by KilltheskyfairyImaginary???

Posted by KilltheskyfairyMore bears…

Posted by michelle666garLove this movie!!!

Posted by backtobasicsThere may be an opening soon!

Posted by glennlabIn case there was ever any doubt

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill more bear…

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #Bible #children #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #fear #wife #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,992Top

Moderators