Agnostic.com
7 27

...makes more sense, doesn't it...

TimeOutForMe 8 Sep 30
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Copied and saved. I'll be sharing this with my #religulous friends on FB.

yet here we are

Rudy1962 Level 9 Oct 1, 2021

All that-ology and Christians STILL cannot be convinced otherwise.🙄

Once one has invested it is hard to disinvest as the cost seems high. For me, I just got tired of the BS. It makes absolutely no sense, especially when another church can be started by opening the door to another building.

They're hard-set on nonsense, that's what 😂

@TimeOutForMe They are hard set - and sadly -it's nonsense to us...but because they were indoctrinated since day 1 of their lives....it makes sense to them.

The #Religulous are simply a sad, naive lot.

God mobsters and other Charlatans of Religion will deny everything in that, for theirs is the realm of unreason.

anglophone Level 8 Sep 30, 2021

They continuously deny reason even when it stares them in the face.

Point. Set. Match.

...well not sure about the neurology part🤔

How about evolutionary biology?

@p-nullifidian yes agree with that 😉

@TimeOutForMe Cool. This whole topic of a soul that is somehow apart from our corporeal bodies still seems to linger in the minds and hearts of many who don’t believe in a supreme deity. But if one accepts evolution (change over time), irrespective of one’s religious belief, the question of soul evolution must be addressed.

When and how did souls arise? Did pre-Homo sapiens have souls? How about Neanderthals? Did the little hominid Lucy who lived some 3.2 million years ago have a soul? If human beings have souls, then other animals, particularly primates, should have the early stages of one. And then what happens to the soul after death? Do souls go somewhere that we have yet to ascertain? If so, the gradual evolution of souls would include those early forms that didn’t quite make it.

If such a thing as a soul exists, it would have to be a natural (as opposed to supernatural or divine) phenomenon. Souls would thus be comprised of physical constituents and conform to known physical law and would be observable and quantifiable. Thus far I’ve seen no evidence that would support the existence of souls in human beings or any other animal.

@p-nullifidian
I like the way you've set this out so simply including the many questions you put forth and then arrive at the most logical explanation of "no evidence to support the existence of souls in human beings or any other animal" for most who still wonder about it. Thank you 😊

@TimeOutForMe And thank you for prompting the discussion with your concern over the study of neurology. Peace.

I'm so glad that my parents believed in science over religion.

OldGoat43 Level 9 Sep 30, 2021

Wish mine had! 😔

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 47

Photos 77,298 More

Posted by Ryo1

Posted by KilltheskyfairyThose are my pronouns too!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyEaster hack??

Posted by KilltheskyfairyStill Women’s History Month…

Posted by noworry28There's nothing Holy about any of the Torah, New Testament, or Quran.

Posted by KilltheskyfairyHappy Atheist Day to my fellow Atheists!

Posted by KilltheskyfairyYou can’t win!

Posted by noworry28This is so funny 😁

• Top tags#god #religion #religious #world #video #memes #friends #hope #Atheist #kids #reason #church #DonaldTrump #hell #cats #money #dogs #sex #Jesus #atheism #relationship #children #Bible #book #truth #Christian #beliefs #death #movies #parents #belief #evidence #animals #community #laws #agnostic #mother #wife #fear #humans #society #earth #faith #believer #religions #guns #Song #books #Christians #humor ...

Members 2,975Top

Moderators