Agnostic.com
10 9

Frankly there is a way to do this - that would not infringe upon anyone's rights or create any restrictions.
Wanna hear it?
Make it an insurance issue.
(I will pause to allow you to process that.)

Antiques, black powder, muzzle-loader, and similar... Not subject.
Shot guns, limited magazine, "hunting rifles," modest insurance risk.
Hand guns... Elevated insurance risk.
Assault rifles... You would not be able to afford the premium!

See how that works? No legislation, no restrictions, no confiscations. If you can afford the liability insurance... You can have whatever you want. NO, "gun control!"

And now... I get to receive a whole lot of nastiness for a whole bunch of people. Bring it! I can handle it.

EcurbTProphet 3 July 22
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sounds like you only want wealthy people to own guns. That type of thinking is what's wrong with the world today

Tejas Level 8 Aug 5, 2021

Mmmm,,, yeah, because we know everyone with a car has liability insurance on it.. That will work just fine. 😏

In the UK third party insurance for car drivers is mandatory and covers compensation for personal injury.
My partners sister was hit head on by a drunk driver in Connecticut and because the drunk driver only had basic insurance she is unlikely to get proper recompense for injuries received.
This perceived "personal freedom" that permeates life in America is more about "personal greed" and is shameful.

Misuse (even if in error) is already a liability issue.

Alienbeing Level 8 July 27, 2021

Sounds like Infringement to me.

Tejas Level 8 July 27, 2021

How about if we keep it a criminal issue; shoot someone, go to prison. Fairly simple cause & effect there. Don't penalize me and millions of law-abiding gun owners because of the fraction of a fraction who do misuse these tools. Penalize them. They take away a life? Take theirs away; put 'em in prison, 20 minimum to life. And some of these cases are those where I would support the death penalty.

Paul4747 Level 8 July 22, 2021

Except the owners of the most dangerous guns wouldn't get insurance.

Robecology Level 9 July 22, 2021

Sounds good to me. Makes owning a gun a liability and a responsibility.

DenoPenno Level 9 July 22, 2021

How about some insanity control.

Oldman51 Level 7 July 22, 2021

I have been saying this for Decades!

AnneWimsey Level 9 July 22, 2021

I have too.

How do you know people have them to get them to pay?
You can buy all the individual parts and build one, heck, you can 3D print guns.

@EcurbTProphet At the risk of sounding like the 'only the criminals will have guns then' people, why would the SANE people need to be "taxed" so to speak with impossibly high insurance rates?
I'm all for gun control measures, but I'm just asking questions about the efficacy of the proposals.

@EcurbTProphet But that still begs the question, what would this measure actually do?

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 38

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top