Agnostic.com
5 7

LINK Armed Citizen Shoots And Kills Suspect Who Assaulted Multiple People And Tried Running Another Over With His Car

I do believe, at some point in time in America, this was called "vigilante justice" and was seriously against all things American. Politicians, law enforcement, regular Joe and Jane Doe, found vigilantes deplorable criminals. Unlawful human beings. The antithesis of core American values. I do recall this. 🤔

The slow devolution into this state of affairs is quite mystical. A slow steady decline in collective morality (per se.) It's now perfectly acceptable for cops to murder with impunity and wannabe Superheros to take to the streets, not even bothering with a 6 month stint in some adjunct "academy" that issues guns and badges, to practice upholding the laws of the land, as they individually interpret said law(s).

(Yes. Someone in this story was very likely committing crimes. Felony crimes. Yes. Today there is one less dangerous person on the streets. Or is there really???? I opine we've simply brought the criminally minded out from the bunkers they used to hide in. But that's just me.) 😕

(Footnote: if you choose to read the article, take a look at what's advertised and the accompanying links for other stories. It's mildly, sickeningly, amusing.) 😒

#itsasadstateofaffairs

SeaGreenEyez 9 July 21
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If course these people either deny or are oblivious of all the armed people (cops) getting killed or the latest snafu with the Texass police who were too cowardly to confront a rabid teen. They follow a script where the (extreme) exceptions become the rule.

JackPedigo Level 9 July 23, 2022

Yup..cause vigilantes are the good guys with guns now..
Need to gets me one o them thar cross breds guns an than hit the roads crisscrossin the cuntry to all the cc states..

Charlene Level 9 July 21, 2022

I agree with everything you said, and because I believe that most Americans are not someone I would trust to be smart and reasonable enough to use guns wisely, I don't want vigilantes to become respectable and above the law in America. Hell, I don't even trust most people enough to allow them to carry guns, but I am outnumbered in that respect. I think only bad will come of more people feeling emboldened to play vigilante, and that it will lead to our country becoming more like the Purge movies, only instead of being one night a year, it will be every day.

Of course it's posted on a sight called Concealed Nation.

@SeaGreenEyez I'm outnumbered by them too, where I live. And I am learning all the time about more and more libs like us who are starting to buy guns and learn to shoot them, simply out of the fear we will need to do that eventually to survive, against the right wing thugs and crazies. I will probably follow suit on that trend, because I don't trust the cops to side with us and against them. I think they will turn a blind eye to them and we will have to protect ourselves, just like in the old Wild West. We will be on our own.

@TomMcGiverin The crazies just can't wait for values to devolve so they can simply shoot liberals on sight. They believe the police will back them up (if they ever show up). Are they wrong?

@TomMcGiverin They love rights without responsibilities. An old student blocked me on FB - he asked me to be a "friend," don't care. Anyway, we had been having a rather mild back and forth on the death penalty and nothing was said about guns. He then posted a meme with some shit about "my English teacher wants to lecture me about gun control." I responded - First, we weren't talking gun control, but since you breached that topic, ok. As a veteran, I do think gun owners should have mandatory training. And, in your case, I certainly wouldn't trust you with a gun.

@racocn8 Unfortunately, they are right about that. And that's why after it becomes clear that the shit is about to hit the fan, I will buy and learn to shoot my own gun, so I don't have to depend on the cops to give me protection from these assholes, which I know will never come from the cops. And, yes, I'm afraid the crazies will become able to shoot whoever they believe is a lefty, on sight, without any consequences, from the cops or the courts...

Good. They killed a violent criminal on a spree of crime and violence. Probably saved lives in the process.

Tejas Level 8 July 21, 2022

@SeaGreenEyez so now you're against everyday people protecting themselves or others. So it's less about protecting innocent lives and more about controlling others. And me being pro second amendment and constitution doesn't make me right wing or Republican.

We are a nation founded first and foremost on the rule of law. The Second Amendment concerns a "well regulated" militia and no where does it give a blanket right to bear arms, that is an interpretation.
The Second Amendment (Amendment II) to the United States Constitution protects the right to keep and bear arms. It was ratified on December 15, 1791, along with nine other articles of the Bill of Rights. In District of Columbia v. Heller (2008), the Supreme Court affirmed for the first time that the right belongs to individuals, for self-defense in the home, while also including, as dicta, that the right is not unlimited and does not preclude the existence of certain long-standing prohibitions such as those forbidding "the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill" or restrictions on "the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons". In McDonald v. City of Chicago (2010) the Supreme Court ruled that state and local governments are limited to the same extent as the federal government from infringing upon this right.
That said, taken in context with the other rights listed, the Second Amendment can be understood as the establishment of a fundamental belief that the political body may arm itself without fear of search, seizure of weapons, or personal arrest that neglects the due process of law.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 27

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #Christian #agnostic #parents #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 916Top