Agnostic.com
3 6

LINK 3 children, 3 adults killed in shooting at Nashville grade school; shooter dead

Another day, another school shooting. 😒

This one, however, is a little different. It happened at a private Christian school and the shooter was a woman.

6 dead (3 children, 3 adults) thus far, number of injured not released.

Maybe now that it's happened at a private church school, by a woman, some of these rightwingers will be open to some sane conversing about how to stop aiding and abetting the murder of America's children/youth. (Doubtful, but....)

SeaGreenEyez 9 Mar 27
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What do you want to bet that the male legislators will come up with even more laws to control women after this shooting?????? They won't do a fucking thing about the guns.........

In the UK we had a school shooting in 1996. Straight after that, modern handguns were banned. In 1987 there was the Hungerford shooting when a man went wild with a semi automatic rifle. Not long after that, semi automatic rifle were banned.
Looking at the population of the UK - about 80 million including visitors, we have had zero school shooting since 1996
The USA population 330 million has now had around three thousand over the same period.

Sofabeast Level 7 Mar 27, 2023

@SeaGreenEyez While studying this terrible phenomena, we (UK/Scottish students 2017-19) came up with two major factors allowing this to commonly occur in the USA.
Firstly that it is acceptable to employ lethal violence where and when an individual wishes to settle 'scores'.
Secondly, the availability of weapons which can cause lethal wounds on an extensive scale.
Simply put. Anger+Violence+Guns= Mass Shootings.
Rights are not god given (hahahaha) they are man made and therefore can be taken away. The Second Amendment is just that, an amendment. So if society wants, hold a referendum on gun control with at choice of three answers - two will give a pure binary outcome and partizan reprisals afterwards.
If the vote demands control, then that is what must happen.
Should it make a difference, Britain no longer has an Empire and we have far more fear of American invasion than the other way around.

@SeaGreenEyez I have a better knowledge and perspective on this than probably the majority of Americans.
From the weapon side of things, I can load and fire about four rounds per minute with a musket and can hit a standing man sized target at 50 yards most of the time. I have studied warfare both as an amateur historian and as a professional and can compare the modernising of weapons over human history.
Then as a Social Scientist where the USA, it's history, politics and sociology formed a major part of my recent studies I can see how the Constitution must continue to evolve under the guidelines that John Locke left.
In part a well related militia, was to prevent the rise of an internal Oligarch from becoming 'King'. Thus, the likes of Trump is what is meant to fight against. However, the War between the States 1861-65 pretty much destroyed the reasoning of this, as had the weaponry evolution from muzzle loading muskets to magazine fed repeating rifles.
Since the birth of the USA, the idea of the Nation State has risen and become the norm, and with it the need for well regulated national military accountable to the state and out with by international laws.

I was just saying a day ago that I though we were overdue...

racocn8 Level 9 Mar 27, 2023

Recent Visitors 13

Photos 507 More

Posted by ButtercupI doubt she said it buts it's cute.

Posted by Smurfing101

Posted by DruviusAh yes, modern America.

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by SwitchcraftSandy Hook 13th sad anniversary - 12/14/12

Posted by MoravianSad but true.

Posted by DruviusAlways loved this one.

Posted by TejasAnti trump pistol. Do you have mixed feelings about it?

Posted by TejasLook at this scary gun!

Posted by Tejas

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

Posted by SeaGreenEyezThe most unaware "Awareness Day" in America was yesterday.

• Top tags#guns #NRA #video #laws #violence #guncontrol #massshooting #god #DonaldTrump #Police #world #children #religion #reason #Texas #hell #religious #friends #republicans #rights #death #vote #kids #Atheist #hope #USA #society #teachers #church #truth #florida #government #fear #money #belief #atheism #conservative #sex #parents #Christian #agnostic #earth #community #schools #culture #evidence #youtube #Christians #wife #murder ...

Members 918Top