Agnostic.com
3 7

Once thought to be as extinct as an honest Politician, this earliest ancestor of most eels has been found alive and kicking in a very remote part of Australia.
Living at the same time as the Dinosaurs and around a bit them as well, this bloke may not have given you a nasty bite, but according to reports would give you one very nasty suck though.

Triphid 9 Nov 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Name please. Or even better a link.

Fernapple Level 9 Nov 10, 2021

Geez Louise, give a bloke a break will you, my computer knowledge/abilities aren't all that great you know.

@Triphid Go on you are brilliant, don't let the self defined smart kids tell you otherwise.

@Fernapple Mate, I grew up in age of pencils, pens, paper and slide rules. all this URL, computer codes, etc, etc, is foreign to me, give me an ancient language any day.

they are " Lampreys "
[en.wikipedia.org]
[oceanservice.noaa.gov]

@Fernapple Flattery and adulation will get you nowhere I'm sorry to say, but, money, on the other hand may smooth the way...LOL.

@Triphid That must be why I always get such a rough ride, never have had much of that.

What's it scientific name?

Charlene Level 9 Nov 10, 2021

Wrote it on a bit of paper but can't find the bit of paper, sorry.

Lamprey

@Diaco Er, it is one the earliest ancestors of ALL eel-like fishes and eels, dates back to pre-Jurassic times.

Wow weird

bobwjr Level 10 Nov 10, 2021

Recent Visitors 14

Photos 292 More

Posted by JoeBKite-like structures in the western Sahara Desert.

Posted by TriphidAn Aussie Indigenous Message Stick.

Posted by TriphidIndigenous Australian Aboriginal Rock art dated somewhere between 20 and 30 thousand years old.

Posted by TriphidIndigenous Australian Aboriginal Rock art dated somewhere between 20 and 30 thousand years old.

Posted by JoeBDortoka vremiri: A new species of Dortokid Turtle from the Late Cretaceous of the Hațeg Basin, Romania.

Posted by JoeBThe Cabeço da Amoreira burial: An Early Modern Era West African buried in a Mesolithic shell midden in Portugal.

Posted by JoeBMusivavis amabilis: A new species of Enantiornithine Bird from the Early Cretaceous Jehol Biota of northeastern China.

Posted by JoeBTorosaurus in Canada.

Posted by JoeBStone tools from the Borselan Rock Shelter, in the Binalud Mountains of northeastern Iran.

Posted by JoeBDating the Lantian Biota.

Posted by JoeBBashanosaurus primitivus: A new species of Stegosaur from the Middle Jurassic of Chongqing Municipality, China.

Posted by JoeBDetermining the time of year when the Chicxulub Impactor fell.

Posted by JoeBSão Tomé and Príncipe: Possibly the last country on Earth never to have been visited by a working archaeologist.

Posted by JoeBMambawakale ruhuhu: A new species of Pseudosuchian Archosaur from the Middle Triassic Manda Beds of Tanzania.

• Top tags#ancient #species #evidence #dinosaurs #world #animals #evolution #China #video #Australia #discovery #humans #Present #ancestors #god #Europe #university #extinction #evolutionary #relationship #birds #hope #reason #DNA #climate #earth #religious #kids #museum #book #cultural #evolved #origins #USA #friends #fish #burial #death #Antarctica #laws #genetic #Organic #mother #community #religion #Atheist #dogs #novels #Christian #truth ...

Members 661Top