Agnostic.com
2 3

In 1967 the English rock band Procol Harum had one of the biggest hits of the decade with Whiter Shade Of Pale. Forty years later they performed the song accompanied by the Danish National Orchestra and Choir, live at Ledreborg Castle, Denmark....and amazingly Gary Brooker on vocals sounds exactly the same!

Marionville 10 Dec 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never was much keen on the song anyway. I felt at the time it was grossly overplayed.

Each to their own.

Perhaps because even after 40 years of practice he couldn't improve on what he originally did?

I didn't get the anticipated"wow" from the addition of orchestra & choir.

After 40 years when he was well into his 60s to still have the same powering his voice to sound the same is what’s remarkable. Nobody expected him to improve on the original...the addition of the orchestra & choir add another layer to an already great song, probably appreciated better by the live audience than you watching on a video on a small screen.

@Marionville the small screen hass less distractions from good looking women in the audience.

He is not all that old, isn't your ah ha spunk similar age now?

Perhaps he didn't smoke but maintained a healthy pair of lungs?

@FrayedBear Yes...Morten is 61...and his voice is still great, but has changed subtly....definitely less powerful than when he was in his 20s. It gives an extra dimension to have the accompaniment of a good orchestra...nearly all the top artists go down that road when they revisit their old hits. a-ha brought the Oslo Philharmonic Orchestra to the Royal Albert Hall with them in 2010 for two sellout concerts...it sounded fabulous with their hits, just sorry I couldn’t get tickets because they sold out as soon as they went on sale. Here is Living A Boy’s Adventure Tale from that concert.

@Marionville At least nowhere near the fraud perpetrated by Harry Secombe performing in his 70's out here - sing a verse or two, run out of puff so tell an old goon's joke!

@FrayedBear. Ha, ha....no, I can guarantee a-ha are worth every penny of their high ticket price!

@FrayedBear I’m going to call you Thomas from now on...everything I post brings the same doubtful response ...take it from a Canny Scot...value for money is a definite given if you buy tickets for an a-ha concert! We were talking about fraud...and Harry Seacombe was not alone in that kind of fraud. Most top bands have a warm up act which takes up quite a large percentage of the concert time, sometimes they can be as good as the main act, but that’s not the point...when you pay the higher price to see a top act, you want the maximum effort put in to justify it. At an a-ha touring concert there is no warmup act...you get only them and their backing musicians, also usually an extra three or four numbers performed as an encore.

@Marionville message.

Recent Visitors 9

Photos 63 More

Posted by FrayedBearNow the sanctions against Israel spread to the Euroschism Song contest.

Posted by FrayedBearA recording of an interesting broadcast on the subject of coffee by relatively well known but nonetheless superb Australian folk singer Kavisha Mazella

Posted by kocasYou will face a hurdle in the daily weaving game that you must overcome.

Posted by Zoewees[shp.ee] SALDO SHOPEE GRATIS LANGSUNG CAIR 2022

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIcelandic Folk Music - Tyrkjaránid - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondOk...how about this hauntingly beautiful opera aria? [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondOkay, let's just say this is not like K-pop....and let it go at that. I stumbled on them about 3 years ago. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondAn Irish song in Gaelic with translation [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondThe song title translates to I Won't Give Up by Hungarian Alternative/Indie band Intim Torna Illegál (Intimate Gymnastics Is Illegal). [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondGet ready for some beautiful music. I have a couple albums by Heartstrings. Sometimes I play them in the office and it is quite popular. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondJapanglish Song - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondAVA Opera - The Doll's Song from "Tales of Hoffmann" - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondYoshida Brothers - Rising - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondHunnu Guren - Batzorig Vaanchig & Auli - YouTube

• Top tags#video #Song #world #musicians #Norway #traditional #god #sing #hope #friends #dance #hello #movies #religion #youtube #Europe #jazz #children #Australia #films #lyrics #religious #DonaldTrump #reason #death #wife #Atheist #church #earth #book #USA #parents #relationship #mother #Russian #hell #community #sex #money #soul #Christian #kids #culture #holiday #dream #atheism #plays #Jesus #beliefs #laws ...

Members 1,329Top