Agnostic.com
4 7

Happy birthday, Janet Jackson
Rhythm

Spinliesel 9 May 16
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Happy Birthday Eric Burdon.

Is it his birthday , too? I used to have a soft spot in my heart for him.

@Spinliesel After the Stones came out to my awareness in January or February 1964. I was an instant fan. Then in May '64 the Animals came out with House of the Rising Sun. I bought it within a few days of its release though it took about 7 weeks to reach #1 in Britain and no doubt jumped over to the States after that. I think I bought the first two LP's , maybe three, of their LP's. But there suddenly were several similar groups and of course Cream. I really liked the Yardbirds and John Mayall.

@rogerbenham I was actually in love with the blues and would spend all my money on obscure ( in Germany) blues artists. The people in the record store would sigh in frustration when I showed up It would take months to get the records mailed with my list. I Had more Son House and Bukka White records than Rolling Stones or Beatles records. And Eric Burdon and Snooks Eaglin and Delaney and Bonnie. I had only a radio and a record player. If i had had Youtube back then, I would never have gone on the road.

@Spinliesel Yet you had the Rolling Stones before they found success in England. Once a crazy Stones fan I bought two LPs made in Germany in 1963 or earlier.
I pulled out of listening, certainly buying, blue after university though I know that I had a 4-hour reel tape filled with blues which I used with headphones to do my university revision, particularly in my mathematics final paper in which I got distinction.
Son House and Bukka White, Snooks Eaglin and Delaney and Bonnie all are unknown to me. But by 1969 I was more heavily into Pink Floyd and New Age and the English version of Flower Power.

@rogerbenham
Pink Floyd came to me late in life- probably a genetic flaw!

@Spinliesel I do not understand the Wikipedia entry as I bought Pink Floyd's first LP in June or July 1966 the day after its release. I had heard it at a party close to my home and absolutely loved it. In October 1966 or thereabouts they played a concert at my university to which I went. This was a first. We were used to dancing to groups but here was a group one could not do that. In the intermission I went up and spoke to them and realised that I had little in common! They were probably on drugs of which I knew nothing. But I loved their music.

Reminiscent of Metropolis

Happy birthday to you Janet! Love her dance Choreography!!

Happy birthday Janet.

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 9

Photos 63 More

Posted by FrayedBearNow the sanctions against Israel spread to the Euroschism Song contest.

Posted by FrayedBearA recording of an interesting broadcast on the subject of coffee by relatively well known but nonetheless superb Australian folk singer Kavisha Mazella

Posted by kocasYou will face a hurdle in the daily weaving game that you must overcome.

Posted by Zoewees[shp.ee] SALDO SHOPEE GRATIS LANGSUNG CAIR 2022

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIt is tough to find sharable music from The Oppossums Of Truth. There are 3 full albums of Scientific Gospel music here. [boomplay.com]

Posted by ReignmondIcelandic Folk Music - Tyrkjaránid - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondOk...how about this hauntingly beautiful opera aria? [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondOkay, let's just say this is not like K-pop....and let it go at that. I stumbled on them about 3 years ago. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondAn Irish song in Gaelic with translation [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondThe song title translates to I Won't Give Up by Hungarian Alternative/Indie band Intim Torna Illegál (Intimate Gymnastics Is Illegal). [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondGet ready for some beautiful music. I have a couple albums by Heartstrings. Sometimes I play them in the office and it is quite popular. [youtu.be]

Posted by ReignmondJapanglish Song - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondAVA Opera - The Doll's Song from "Tales of Hoffmann" - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondYoshida Brothers - Rising - YouTube

Posted by ReignmondHunnu Guren - Batzorig Vaanchig & Auli - YouTube

• Top tags#video #Song #world #musicians #Norway #traditional #god #sing #hope #friends #dance #hello #movies #religion #youtube #Europe #jazz #children #Australia #films #lyrics #religious #DonaldTrump #reason #death #wife #Atheist #church #earth #book #USA #parents #relationship #mother #Russian #hell #community #sex #money #soul #Christian #kids #culture #holiday #dream #atheism #plays #Jesus #beliefs #laws ...

Members 1,329Top