Agnostic.com
2 5

I accidently poured spot remover on my dog, now I can't find him.

Dyl1983 8 Dec 26
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Teach you not to call your dog "Fred"!

FrayedBear Level 9 Dec 26, 2021

Tell him to speak.

My sister trained her dogs to bark once at the command “Speak”. I’m not sure if they responded to that if they were away from her in thick vegetation and she couldn’t see them, will ask.

@Zealandia We had our dogs either speak on command, or whisper on command. It was hilarious.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Yes, that sounds very funny. Will have to ask my sister about that whisper command.

@Zealandia Some of our dogs we had over the years. The dog in the 4th photo would also suck on ice cubes on a hot day too, after we asked him to whisper for one of course.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Nice looking dogs. Was wondering what breed the last picture on the right was? It’s not a type I’m familiar with.

My sister’s dog Nate chilling out with my nephew on Xmas day. Unfortunately I can’t post the picture the correct way up for some reason. Nate was kind of like a rescue dog that my niece brought home when no one else in a rooming arrangement wanted him. No one is sure of his parentage, although there’s hints of staffy and possibly lab. He’s a very affectionate dog.

Sister had Rotties for many years. They’ve got a bad reputation but are lovely animals in the right hands. The bark for the “speak” command was very deep. When Maia, the last Rottie my sis owned passed away, my niece took it really hard. No plans to replace her, they are expensive dogs to own.

@Zealandia Nice looking dog! This site seems to have a habit of turning photos at times, & it's very annoying.

Tab was a Malemute.....very large dogs. We had Siberians, & Huskies, & we bred several. They are also expensive, but we never had papers for them, so we sold the pups for a lot less, because we preferred it that way.

A couple more of our pups. The blondes happened a few times.

@Lilac-JadeCanada

Nice picture of the pups. As you can imagine, there’s probably not much call for a heavy coated dog in temperate climates.

I found this out from Wikipedia, thought you might be interested:

The Malamute has been identified as a basal breed that predates the emergence of the modern breeds in the 19th century. A study in 2013 showed that the Alaskan Malamute has a similar east Asian origin to, but is not clearly related to, the Greenland Dog and the Canadian Eskimo Dog, but contains a possible admixture of the Siberian Husky.

My sister always bought her Rotties from a breeder. As you can imagine, they weren’t cheap to buy, same as your dogs.

@Zealandia These dogs are quite popular all over, & they are usually well tempered, & are good with kids. They do love to ''talk'', & will hold whole conversations.....hahahaha.....
Being sled dogs, they will tend to run, if they don't have a fenced area. They loved our cats too.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Sounds like they’re great dogs to have around.

My sister said that her dogs understood quite a few spoken English words and would actively “listen in” to the family conversations.

@Zealandia Yes, these dogs would, & give you their opinions too.

Some examples....

@Lilac-JadeCanada Great videos, certainly get a good idea of how vocal the huskies can be.

@Lilac-JadeCanada List of husky breeders in NZ:

[dogzonline.co.nz]

There’s not very many.

@Zealandia They are a fun dog, & a very good breed.

Don't know about breeders here, but they are very popular with many people.

@Zealandia Here's some whispering...

@Lilac-JadeCanada Certainly very conversational. I’ll share with my sister, she’s coming over today.

@Zealandia They are fun dogs, I'm sure she'll enjoy.

@Lilac-JadeCanada Sister is aware of the conversational abilities of huskies.

She told me that she knows some people in a nearby suburb called Browns Bay who have four huskies. They bring their dogs along to the local Starbucks on a Saturday morning for a “singing “ session. People specifically ask to see the dogs and visit just to see them in action.

She also said it was difficult enough to get her dogs to speak, let alone whisper!

Current dog Nate initially misunderstood the speak command to mean jump, however he’s got it all sorted now.

@Zealandia I get such a laugh out of the arguing back with humans.....just so funny.

I think many think all commands mean jump....hahahaha.....

Recent Visitors 9

Photos 624 More

Posted by noworry28Laws are laws 🤣🤣

Posted by MoravianI think I have been conned

Posted by Moravianhorsing around

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaHanging my head, going to my corner now.....

Posted by mzeeshoe fly pie

Posted by noworry28Icebergs are dangerous 😳 from sinking the titanic to blinding manatees.

Posted by mzeeThought I'd run with this

Posted by ZealandiaWhat dogs really understand….

Posted by ZealandiaDesert Island cartoon…. “Care for a swim?”

Posted by ZealandiaAliens faking the Earth landing…

Posted by mzeeany cheese welcome

Posted by MoravianEye catching.

Posted by Lilac-JadeCanadaI'll go to my corner now.....

Posted by RetiredTime for something lighter. Looking for a 10 on the groaner scale.

Posted by noworry28Tense moment 😬

Posted by ZealandiaI’m sure I booked that seat…

• Top tags#god #religion #wife #joke #religious #world #friends #Atheist #dogs #church #money #hell #sex #DonaldTrump #hope #mother #Jesus #kids #book #parents #video #children #reason #relationship #atheism #death #Police #Bible #movies #earth #teacher #belief #laws #fear #agnostic #truth #Christian #beliefs #animals #cats #faith #guns #evidence #priest #Song #community #books #humans #Christians #government ...

Members 1,422Top