Agnostic.com
2 0

You Wouldn’t Have To Knock People Off Their Pedestal If You Didn’t Put Them There In The First Place

And of course the odious Mehdi Hasan trotted out Chomsky to have him recite his famous “lesser of two evils” spiel (except of course in this case it’s the lesser of two right wing dementia patients who’ve been credibly accused of rape).

[caitlinjohnstone.com]

{You’ll never see Noam Chomsky more visible than when the US political establishment needs to keep national momentum from shifting toward actual leftist movements.

And I mean I get it. I get it that it’s annoying to never get to have any heroes who don’t end up betraying the trust you put in them and advancing causes that you oppose. Other people get to have heroes; liberals get to have Obama, conservatives get to have Trump, why don’t people who want to see meaningful healthy changes in US policy get to have any heroes?}

Annoying is the fact that a vast majority don't recognize that they've been betrayed. They've been so well conditioned they blissfully continue to participate in this illusion that has harmed so many. This virus, for example, will and has been exposing this by wide scale measures. Yet I see no sense of it waking many up.

{Trying to make a lifelong corporate whore do a fake leftist song and dance is like trying to make a cat wear a dress.}

Making a cat wear a dress would be a hell of a lot easier though.

{If you’re experiencing emotional suffering over Bernie Sanders or Tulsi Gabbard for endorsing Biden, or Chomsky for endorsing lesser-evil voting, you really have nobody to blame but yourself. You wouldn’t have to knock these people off the pedestals you put them on if you hadn’t put them there in the first place. If you’d been placing authority in yourself, where it belongs, you’d just see some regular schmucks moving around and saying things just like all the other seven billion schmucks on this planet.}

{You’ve got no business abdicating your rightful authority over what’s true to Bernie Sanders, to Noam Chomsky, or to me. Your responsibility to know the truth about reality is yours and yours alone. Everyone else is just offering you various tools. Sometimes they’re the right tool for the job, sometimes they’re the wrong tool, and it’s up to you to sort out which is which. But regardless, they’re only ever handing you tools to do the job that is your responsibility and yours alone. Take what tools are useful, and leave the rest. Do this, and you’ll find the names and faces involved in our collective awakening a whole lot less frustrating.}

That first step into reality can be a bitch though. And as you reach that first step for each individual for a period of time. Eventually it does become easier. I went through it with the Clinton's. Obama. Sanders. Carter. Carter was a tough one! A couple of my state representatives. And then there's the news sites you may favor. Common Dreams for me. That's why I always tell you to learn your journalist. With sites with multiple journalist it's easy to be lead down a rabbit hole as they contradict each others work. The Intercept. The Real News Network has become another one like Common Dreams. Truthdig, where a lot of Chris Hedges work was released from, just recently went through a major hostile takeover and shut down. The person who took it over has been seemingly exposed as having quite questionable agendas. If it comes back, back as what?

Video comments below.

Note how Chomsky, despite all his past narrative speak joins in, in basically banishing any participation by 3rd parties that desire to exponentially enact them. He only offers you the same failed conditioning program of silence of them. Mehdi Hasan of The Intercept also refuses to offer his viewers another path by never bringing them up also. These people will choose to plant a narrative of you only having a vote between the lesser of 2 evils, over banning together with a large percentage of the population in supporting a 3rd party of their proclaimed ideology. While they admit the system is getting worse with time, they essentially support that system within their collaboration of purposefully not relating it to both parties for it to continue.

Biden has played a large role in delivering devastating catastrophes around the globe for decades, and to the very people within our own country. His role within collaboration of those in DC around him lead us to Trump, and him being able to con his way into the presidency to propel the current problems that have been in the oven baking for decades. And each election cycle they force us to eat their policies as they grow more bitter and sour.

Hasan brings up Russia and war. Chomsky ludicrously blames the actions of Trump for the build up on the Russia border. Can I get a Ukrainegate? In which Biden was the biggest Obama administration player in creating the quagmire going on there today! Biden's illegal and unethical role in that alone should be enough to disqualify him from running. This is pure insanity!

William_Mary 8 Apr 19
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Lets hope Covid unfucks your country.

Chomsky has been my political idol for a while, but he is either getting senile with his age or something else is going on.

I'll admit that I don't have a great deal of knowing his work until about 2016, but my recollection of him has always been that to noticing soon after, his speak often contradicts himself. I find the same with Ralph Nader. Nader also often speaks as though he leaves it to the democratic party to fix itself or do the right thing.

@William_Mary I just don't understand how anyone who is paying attention still thinks either party can be reformed from within.

Recent Visitors 10

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #god #policy #evidence #vote #politics #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #community #Police #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,703Top