Agnostic.com
0 1

A white person and a Black person vote by mail. Whose ballot is more likely to be rejected?

Jessica King's absentee ballot application never arrived.

The obstacles she encountered to safely casting a ballot several months into a pandemic were frustratingly familiar to her as a Black voter.

That's a black voter in Georgia. Do you remember our post on the mid elections {2018} of Georgia?

[msn.com]

Well let me remind you, because you will see very little of what Greg Palast exposed about that election cycle in this article. It only provides a half ass attempt to downplay the postal service. I say half ass because it isn't mentioning the new guy, Trump's guy, who wants to abolish the USPS. It does however spell out some of the obvious. Lacking is the purging aspect Kemp played out of over half a million people to win that election. Here's how Brian Kemp is Stealing the Georgia Election [gregpalast.com]

{I'm not guessing. I had to sue Kemp in federal court to pry out of him the names and addresses of each voter whose rights he cancelled. Kemp, until Thursday, was Georgia's Secretary of State, running the election and running for Governor. If you don't like gross conflicts of interest, stay out of Georgia.}

{When some GOP voting chieftain takes away your vote, they don't want you to raise hell. So they give you this “provisional” ballot. That way, you feel like you voted, but you haven't. Not in Georgia.
Because, guess who decided the rules on whether to count your ballot? Answer: Candidate Kemp.}

!Beware the provisional ballot!

Back to the initial article---{As many as 64 percent of Americans are expected to vote by mail this year, according to a group of researchers at Harvard, Northeastern, and Rutgers universities, as well as the Harvard Medical School. That’s a huge increase over the 23 percent who voted by mail in 2018, according to census data.}

{“If we don’t do anything differently now, we’re going to see not only dramatic racial disparities, but also just large-scale disenfranchisement across the board,” said Wendy Weiser, vice president of the Democracy Program at the Brennan Center for Justice at the NYU School of Law. “There’s disparities at every step of the process and they’re going to be really exacerbated — they’re already being exacerbated — by the coronavirus.”}

Chess or checkers? The system is flawed out of the gate if you're paying attention. And they're strongly attempting to ram it through as the backbone late in the election cycle. I'll just leave that right there where it lays. But without any sense of modifying it appropriately, we better question it becoming a continuous backbone of our voting cycles as it seems to be the going agenda. All one needs to understand here is who is most likely to lose their rights here. Isn't the country moving to the right fast enough for you already?

{But in primary races during the pandemic so far, states and counties are seeing higher than normal absentee ballot rejection rates. In New York City, 21 percent of mail-in ballots were rejected, according to city election data.}

!Approximately 1,750,731 lost their vote! New York city, meet Georgia. Georgia, meet New York city. At this rate across the nation it's Trump by a landslide.

Their mail was not delivered for days. Now these Minneapolis residents are worried about their votes counting.

{Minneapolis resident Stephanie Wilford, who is considered high risk for contracting covid-19 because of a heart condition, planned to vote by mail in her state primary Tuesday.

But with just days left until Election Day, the 60-year-old had not received her absentee ballot. In fact, her public housing complex of 567 residents had mysteriously stopped receiving any mail for more than a week.}

[msn.com]

{The reason was unclear: Some blamed a rumor of an outbreak in the high rises that scared off postal carriers, even though the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority said just three residents have tested positive for the novel coronavirus. The U.S. Postal Service said in a statement to The Washington Post that it halted service there until it could be sure that proper social distancing measures were in place.}

With this logic, we better just shut down all mail and deliveries. I'm fairly certain 3 out of 567 plays out in a lot of areas today.

{Mail delays have been reported in various states in recent weeks as the Postal Service has rolled back overtime and extra delivery trips under the direction of a new postmaster general, a top donor to President Trump.}

How easy that makes it to win an election when your newly placed guy has the mailing list that exposes your unlikely supporters and can delay the mail system for you.

Trump wants to cut mail-in voting. The Republican machine is helping him.

[msn.com]

{“This is a rare case where the president is not overstating the case,” argued Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, a conservative group that has sued in North Carolina and Pennsylvania over the accuracy of voting rolls. “Frankly he’s understating the problem that I think we are going to face on Election Day. The system is going to break.”}

Damned if you do, damned if you don't. I think we all know Trump ideology of voting fraud is, well, a fraud. It makes up a fraction of a fraction of a fraction in reality barely worth mentioning. But what's his and those like him purpose we should ask. In this case, this election cycle, it provides an element of distraction to combine with the issues this article is exposing. If he seems to lose the outright count he can then claim fowl on the entire system as having been corrupted.

Quite frankly to me, this only further amplifies the existence of an incompetent system. Yet another example this virus has exposed as a failure on our governments behalf. I'd have half a mind to say this virus was a god sent, but I don't believe in the traditional god theory, and I don't believe enough of us are intelligent free thinking beings to use what it has exposed to make us any wiser as to the decades of warnings that have brought us to this point have.

{“This is a rare case where the president is not overstating the case,” argued Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, a conservative group that has sued in North Carolina and Pennsylvania over the accuracy of voting rolls. “Frankly he’s understating the problem that I think we are going to face on Election Day. The system is going to break.”

Trump and his team are trumpeting these fears.}

I rest my case. If he can't win by numbers, go down fighting.

{But states that allow voting by mail have spent years building the infrastructure necessary to handle both the outgoing and incoming ballots, said Hans von Spakovsky, who manages the conservative Heritage Foundation's Election Law Reform Initiative.

“We’re only three months from the election,” said von Spakovsky, a former member of the Federal Election Commission. “To think states could do this by November is impractical.”}

In other words. If your state isn't prepared it's highly likely you're facing a quagmire.

😟 Election experts said a more likely option for Trump would be sending federal officials into states under the guise of ensuring every vote is counted, citing the 15th Amendment or the Voting Rights Act. 😟

Less government wins again. NOT

William_Mary 8 Aug 9
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

Recent Visitors 7

Photos 120 More

Posted by William_MaryIf You Wish Someone a Happy Memorial Day, You Fail to Understand Its True Meaning The mythology perpetuated at Memorial Day benefits no one save the militarists and war profiteers.

Posted by LufahyuMedia Sources; people from all walks and ideologies peruse a variety of source material available on the Internet, some more reliable than others.

Posted by joy2loveThe Neuroscience of Illusion - Scientific American

Posted by CherokeemanBlessings y'all.

Posted by Archeus_LoreA good meme for religious people to see . . . .

Posted by William_MaryIt has been questioned if Einstein actually made this statement.

Posted by William_Mary“The ideas of the ruling class are in every epoch the ruling ideas, i.

Posted by William_MaryHowever we have an escape-------[wsws.org]

Posted by William_MaryKeep people from their history, and they are easily controlled.

Posted by William_MaryThis fairly explains our political woes within our citizenry when it comes to the voting process that's managed within only 2 parties with their perceptions managed by propaganda designed to support ...

Posted by William_MaryI can pretty much apply this thought to just about everyone who has attempted to challenge my agenda here in this group, and my comments on social media in regards to our political arena.

Posted by William_MaryBy Apr.

Posted by William_MaryThe working class holds the strength to change the world for a better society for everyone. We just need to refuse to remain indoctrinated into their manufactured delusional reality.

Posted by William_MaryWhen the state is controlled by corporations and the ruling class.

Posted by of-the-mountainHas sanity and respect for all female, male, and children’s healthcare been suspended by these obstructionists republican fascists with their overt agenda against the people of this country!!! Are ...

Posted by William_MaryWorld's Most Tyrannical Regime Can't Stop Babbling About "Human Rights" We saw the change in coverage because Washington and its imperial spinmeisters only care about human rights abuses insofar as...

• Top tags#world #DonaldTrump #government #media #video #society #money #republicans #democrats #truth #death #military #laws #USA #reason #democratic #god #policy #evidence #vote #politics #politicians #children #hope #hell #BernieSanders #rights #created #campaign #corporate #population #fear #religion #BarackObama #community #Police #book #TheTruth #friends #Russian #religious #relationship #China #economic #capitalism #nation #freedom #propaganda #kids #wars ...

Members 1,703Top