Agnostic.com
3 5

Moby says..

Wildgreens 8 May 7
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Sooooo, tell me about the B12 issue. I am told, though I haven't thoroughly researched it, a vegan diet does not supply the needed Vitamin B12, you have to supplement. There are some I know that use that reason as why they continue to eat meat.

And not to be disrespectful, however, this makes me think so strongly of statements from the way out religious. I see many similarities with the statement above with the statements from the Religious Right that everyone would be better off if they knew god. Please don't make your choice in how to eat a religion. Your approach needs to be much less rigid.

It's not possible for everyone to become vegan overnight... It's difficult enough for most to become vegetarian...

Many of us became vegetarian over time. Just be open to new information and reduce meat consumption over time. Don't push it on yourself or others but do try to learn and, above all, be open minded. Everyone I know was glad they made the switch as it really improved their lives and no more feelings of guilt.
BTW I made your cabbage/sweet potato soup. I made a more formal recipe. My late partner was a fabulous cook but never used a recipe or wrote down her own. That is until enough of us asked her to. Thankfully, we/I now have some of her best recipes. I have a weak sense of smell and taste so need a few spices to really get to savor meals. Note, I added some spices to your recipe.
Cabbage sweet potato soup.
One item you may not know is *Heramare: [premeditatedleftovers.com] My recipe makes a good amount and I keep it in my spice shelf and add it instead of regular salt.

Ingredients:
1 small head cabbage shredded
5 large sweet potatoes peeled and diced into 1/2'” pieces
1 ½ lbs onions cut into large pieces
1 TBL vegetable or olive oil
1 ½ tsp curry powder
1/8 tsp chili flakes
1 ½ tsp Herbamare *
3 cups vegetable broth
2 cups water

Directions:

1. Cook cabbage in water/vegetable broth mixture 1 hour.
  2. Sauté onions in oil until lightly browned add spices during last minute
  3. Add all ingredients to cabbage and cook 30 – 40 minutes until potatoes are soft.
  4. Use an emersion blender to thicken mixture
  5. break up ¼ lb. spaghetti and add to soup. Turn off heat and let sit 15 minutes.
    Makes about 2 quarts.

Here is how I make Herbamare: I use a small blender and add everything (dried herbs) and give the blender a few spins.
Recipe type: Spice Mix
Ingredients
• ½ cup sea salt
• ¼ cup dried parsley
• 2 teaspoons onion powder
• 2 teaspoons garlic powder
• 1 teaspoon oregano
• 1 teaspoon rosemary
• 1 teaspoon thyme
• 1 teaspoon sage
• 1 teaspoon basil
• 1 teaspoon celery seed
• 1 teaspoon marjoram
• 1 teaspoon dried kelp
Directions

1. Place all ingredients in a food processor and chop until smooth and blended.
  2. Let the spices settle, then remove from the food processor and store in an airtight container.
  3. Use as called for in recipes.

@JackPedigo that sounds great... Next time I make it, I'll add some spices too 😊

I simply don't get why that is so difficult to understand??? We talk about how hard headed the religionists are but when it comes to food choices seems most, religious and atheists, have the same hard head.

You know Jack it’s a no brainer. I have come to the conclusion that humans are just that selfish and choose to stay ignorant. A friend reminded me that most humans are just not conscience.

@Wildgreens Big problem is, for most, it is too hard and supposedly risky to step out of one's comfort zone. It's not just food but most aspects of life. People, don't even want to look into other things (like veganism) because they might have to do some work. I see laziness as a bigger problem than selfishness. Life can be hard enough without one having to be more pro-active. I think, even though I had a great childhood I saw things in my family life that were not right and was determined to learn lessons and not follow my family's path.

Recent Visitors 12

Photos 590 More

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by devayogaMy vegetable garden

Posted by WildgreensBeing A Vegan

Posted by WildgreensBottled water 💦

Posted by WildgreensReal Medicine

Posted by JackPedigoA new company (seafood) in the plant based ‘meat’ options, which includes types of fish.

Posted by BDairWhy was there never a word about healthy diets and essential vitamins and nutrients? Liquor stores and 'big box' stores never closed. This was never about public health.

Posted by WildgreensMy new group is called covid cult. The information MSM doesn’t want you to know.

Posted by BDairBrilliant tip.

Posted by WildgreensFDA Safety Surveillance

Posted by WildgreensI knew this was going to happen.

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

• Top tags#video #animals #world #Vegetarian #god #religious #religion #Diet #oil #friends #Atheist #hope #reason #youtube #vegan #humans #kids #hell #movies #atheism #sex #children #Bible #church #relationship #truth #dogs #earth #money #death #cats #faith #book #parents #disease #belief #TheTruth #environment #Christian #government #documentary #laws #pizza #Organic #mother #coffee #hello #climate #cancer #Cake ...

Members 739Top