Agnostic.com
3 3

PETA is coming out with full page ads on how we treat animals. My view is, now is the time to make real, drastic changes in how we humans interact with our natural life support system. This is one major way and is not really that difficult. [peta.org] The full page ad, “It’s time to stop killing animals for food” appeared in the latest “Seattle Times.”

JackPedigo 9 May 10
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Mmm their website and infomercials have always had lots on information on, I was vegetarian from the mid nineties and they were putting this stuff out then. I’m currently living on a dairy farm and although I don’t think the industry will last, the cows are looked after well, on the whole. But yes, animals, or humans (nursing homes) shouldn’t be used for profit; it’s simply unethical.
Not all farmers are the same, but they do have to be competitive. As I cannot drink milk it’s purely academic for me, and but I do find people’s inability to do their own research and source good food concerning.
If more people understood mass and factory farming I’m sure they would have stopped using the products a long time ago 🙁
So glad for the alternatives and that more people are open to educating themselves now.

Thank you. I also have an issue with dairy and didn't know it until things got bad. My mother was very allergic to wheat and would actually go into shock. She developed ovarian cancer and went to live with her daughter as she practiced a macrobiotic diet. No milk and my mom discovered the lack of dairy actually helped relieve her wheat issues. Dairy can disrupt ones immune system without anyone knowing why they are having certain health issues. A blood antigen test showed me dairy was at the top of the list of bad foods.

I’m not a fan of PETA for many reasons but all
exposure is good for the most part.

Wildgreens Level 8 May 11, 2020

I would be very interested in learning the negative issues around PETA.

I too am anti-PETA. I hate them with a passion.

The ads are necessary to make people think about what they are doing. I hope more humans will see the horror that is inflicted on these innocent animals , and stop contributing to their suffering.

I think children are those most disturbed by these revelations. I wonder how many parents will try to hide this from their kids?

@JackPedigo
Ignorance

@JackPedigo I have a friend who became veggie as soon as her parents explained where lamb came from, as far as I’m aware she’s still vegetarian 🙂

@Wildgreens I think more of fear. Fear of the unknown and having to make changes. Today there was a long editorial from PETA about this subject. Seems with all the expose's on slaughter houses and the problems with meat and dairy more are going toward plant based meats, milks and cheeses. Why the hell would someone buy milk with it's need to be refrigerated and short shelf life when one can get the plant based alternatives in many, many different forms with no need to be cooled (before being opened) and it's long shelf life? Seems like hanging on to old habits costs more money and is dangerous to one's (and the animals) health. I am seriously considering sending PETA a generous donation.

@girlwithsmiles My late partner was an elementary school teacher and she heard of several such stories. My question is why do people become vegetarians and stay for years and then revert back to the bad old ways. Perhaps they forgot why they became vegetarian in the first place.

@JackPedigo for me it was health reasons, I’m not sure the injections for the alternative was animal cruelty free either. I know a lot more about nutrition now though. My partner is happily eating meat free 5 days a week with me too, which wouldn’t happen if I wasn’t cooking meat free.

Recent Visitors 15

Photos 590 More

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by devayogaMy vegetable garden

Posted by WildgreensBeing A Vegan

Posted by WildgreensBottled water 💦

Posted by WildgreensReal Medicine

Posted by JackPedigoA new company (seafood) in the plant based ‘meat’ options, which includes types of fish.

Posted by BDairWhy was there never a word about healthy diets and essential vitamins and nutrients? Liquor stores and 'big box' stores never closed. This was never about public health.

Posted by WildgreensMy new group is called covid cult. The information MSM doesn’t want you to know.

Posted by BDairBrilliant tip.

Posted by WildgreensFDA Safety Surveillance

Posted by WildgreensI knew this was going to happen.

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

• Top tags#video #animals #world #Vegetarian #god #religious #religion #Diet #oil #friends #Atheist #hope #reason #youtube #vegan #humans #kids #hell #movies #atheism #sex #children #Bible #church #relationship #truth #dogs #earth #money #death #cats #faith #book #parents #disease #belief #TheTruth #environment #Christian #government #documentary #laws #pizza #Organic #mother #coffee #hello #climate #cancer #Cake ...

Members 740Top