Agnostic.com
5 0

I am going to make a post that will cause some controversy. Nature is what Nature is. There are omnivores, herbivores and carnivores. A person can agree with that, or not. Just because a human may not eat other animals, a dog eats meat. To much of the world, and to the dog, it comes in a can. He does not know it may have been one of his friends.When does reality step in? Some think bugs should not be killed because they may be a dead relative.

Diogenes 8 May 8
You must be a member of this group before commenting. Join Group

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You are entitled to your opinion.
If you are looking for vegans and vegetarians to agree with you, some might; you are in the wrong
group. This is not a debate group. Is your purpose to attack or to learn from others here?
When does reality set in? When does cruelty set it? Innocent animals don’t get a choice, this is my own personal view. Everyone is free to put what ever they choose in their own mouth. Your diet choices are your own.
What are you looking to gain with this Controversial post exactly?

Wildgreens Level 8 May 17, 2021

The subject of my missive should have been mentioned at the start, not second sentence from the bottom. It is still "reality" in all its forms. Some times the cure is worse than the original problem. #1, the Hoover Dam was built for Hydro electric, and water usage, now there are problems with lack of water in other areas. #2 Dump has said, lock downs are worse than the virus, which of course is a lie. Dead business people don't do business, and dead customers don't buy goods or services---- EVER! Not even Dump, could have changed that reality. He did get his shots--- in secret, of course.

Now back to what dogs eat. #3. Yes, some animals are very big and strong- and are herbivores. That is fantastic. To some, it is a problem that dogs eat other animals. So when feeding them something that Nature never intended, they may die at an early death. There,clearly, is the problem!

Diogenes Level 8 May 9, 2021

keeping dogs is arguably 'unnatural' . certainly they have been bred to be unnatural in their form and their psyche are you allowing for that in your question?

@entranger does this thought follow to corn and broccoli, cabbage and brussel sprouts? These plants have been breed to an extreme degree.

I once knew a Vegetarian who felt guilty about eating the sprouts he had grown. There are degrees to everything; we each decide on our boundaries. I eat Vegan three days a week. Not out of disgust for omnivorism, but because it helps keep me healthy. I understand and respect ALL the reasons people choose to be Vegan/Vegetarian and do not judge. I hope all y’all will give me the same consideration, despite my not being a “full-timer”.

KateOahu Level 8 May 8, 2021

I eat eggs and fish. It is a while since I have eaten any meat. The reason is not MY health. It is because of the evil treatment that animals have done to them. Even animals that are considered pets,when going for a walk, some people take the time to let their dogs explore their world. Others do not.

Only you dictate what is best for you!

@Diogenes I've always wondered why eggs and fish are acceptable?

@ReubenDS Acceptable to whom? Vegetarians do not “accept” fish as part of their diet. Many vegetarians do eat eggs, because they do not consider unfertilized eggs to be living animals. Vegans do not eat animal protein of any kind, while Vegetarians eat such things as dairy products and SOMETIMES eggs.

@MsKathleen I was referring to Diogenes comment, I've heard many vegetarians say they eat fish though.

@ReubenDS I did not say, "Fish was acceptable", and yes, I eat fish--- so do the big fish eat the little fish.

@MsKathleen About "dairy products", what female animal would want its tits pulled every day.

Yes, Mr. Stephens, in agriculture class, said they are called "teets", which got a laugh out of the 'all-boys' class.

@Diogenes I am not here to say what is or isn’t humane.

Interesting to me, domestic dogs can tolerate vegetable diets better than their ancestors.[livescience.com]

Buttercup Level 8 May 8, 2021

I had a Miniature Schnauzer who was a Vegetarian. Not by choice, but he was perfectly healthy, once put on that diet, due to kidney stones.

Life should not be about how much any person or animal, "can tolerate".

That’s interesting, I suppose they are more used to left overs.

@girlwithsmiles Evolution observed, early agricultural humans were also adapting to more starchy diets. They'd probably do better on a fad paleo diet though.

@Buttercup my stomach and intestines seem to prefer a fruit veg and nut/ seed diet.

@Diogenes but it is unfortunately. Ask Camus

My dogs and I are vegans.

@Wildgreens The dogs look happy- and healthy😃!

The question, ‘where does reality step in’, seems to be out of context in amongst all those statements.
Would you like to rephrase the question. None of the text seems to relate to fantasy.
Dogs certainly don’t get much choice in what they eat, especially domesticated ones.
Humans have a bit more capacity to examine options and make educated choices.
What is it with this idiocy that implies that everything that can be observed in nature is ok for humans, isn’t the whole point to improve? I’m certainly glad not to have the lot of many other mammals on this planet!
As for other people’s views on eating insects; they are just that...don’t overthink it 😉

I said nothing about "eating bugs". What I said "Some people do not kill bugs because they may be a reincarnated relative"- or a dead relative. But alo the reality: bugs have the capacity to kill humans.It was fleas during the Black Plaque.

@Diogenes yes, some Buddhists do think like that. Due to the fact that the rest of your post was about eating, it seemed logical that the death of the insects related to the same subject, apologies.
Even if the plague was caused by fleas, (unproven), you would have been hard pressed to kill them, especially in those days.
Article on diseases/ plagues and how they were spread:

[bbc.co.uk]

Write Comment

Recent Visitors 30

Photos 590 More

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by jjbelleAt the Demver airport. The Grilled Cheese option is the slightest of nods to the obligation to provide an option. The Caprese is a nod and a point.

Posted by devayogaMy vegetable garden

Posted by WildgreensBeing A Vegan

Posted by WildgreensBottled water 💦

Posted by WildgreensReal Medicine

Posted by JackPedigoA new company (seafood) in the plant based ‘meat’ options, which includes types of fish.

Posted by BDairWhy was there never a word about healthy diets and essential vitamins and nutrients? Liquor stores and 'big box' stores never closed. This was never about public health.

Posted by WildgreensMy new group is called covid cult. The information MSM doesn’t want you to know.

Posted by BDairBrilliant tip.

Posted by WildgreensFDA Safety Surveillance

Posted by WildgreensI knew this was going to happen.

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

Posted by WildgreensIf the pandemic is ONLY happening to the unvaccinated, then what are you worried about?

• Top tags#video #animals #world #Vegetarian #god #religious #religion #Diet #oil #friends #Atheist #hope #reason #youtube #vegan #humans #kids #hell #movies #atheism #sex #children #Bible #church #relationship #truth #dogs #earth #money #death #cats #faith #book #parents #disease #belief #TheTruth #environment #Christian #government #documentary #laws #pizza #Organic #mother #coffee #hello #climate #cancer #Cake ...

Members 739Top