After listening to an old DVD with Joseph Campbell, it occurred to me that most worthwhile human creations occur primarily when certain conditions are met, Among the conditions are the following:
• The creator or developer is not focusing on himself or herself or on profit for himself or herself.
• The person senses a genuine human need which is worth pursuing to meet for a better human condition.
• The person has a breadth and depth of knowledge and experience to analyze the nature of the problem or need, and to synthesize a product or program of action well designed to address the need.
• The person has a drive to do something of social and moral value.
• The person is willing to commit considerable thought, time, effort, and emotion to actually produce the program or product and to convince others of its value.