Agnostic.com

27 4

I never remember dreaming anymore.
Does anyone else experience this?

NettieKurtz 3 Apr 11

Post a comment Reply Add Photo

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

3

I haven't dreamed in years.
Not sure why.
Maybe I'm just jaded as all hell...???

2

The older I get the rarer it seems

2

Sometimes my dreams are very vivid but mostly I remember nothing. I love my sleep.

2

About 90% of the time. If l could just eliminate the other 10%.

2

I remember 90% of my dreams.

2

I only remember my dreams when I take short naps or wake up way too early and can't get back to sleep.

2

Depends on how much sleep I get and how much weed I smoke. Weed definitely cuts into dream recall. If you want to improve dream recall, keep a dream journal. Write down everything you can remember with as much details as you have time for, as soon as you wake up. Very soon you'll have so much to write, you'll have to pare it down so you can get on with your day. If you engage in that practice, might as well cultivate lucid dreaming at the same time. If you aren't familiar, that just means you are "aware" you are dreaming while remaining in the dream. In my own experiments, I've found that there are "levels" of being aware... once after I realized I was dreaming, I went around trying to "prove" it to everyone else... not fully getting that they too were aspects of the dream.

2

It's rare for me. Usually I only remember dreaming if I wake up during one.

d_day Level 7 Apr 11, 2018

Same here

1

When I used to smoke pot. I rarely remembered my dreams. I hear some prescription drugs can do the same.

Mr-B Level 2 Apr 12, 2018
1

I seldom do, unless I'm awakened by a nightmare, usually from not taking my usual hormone balancers.

1

I used to remember my dreams but I don't sleep so well anymore. ?

1

Yeah, I never dream. Of course, as you pointed out, I probably do dream. I never remember dreaming. It's so common for me to not dream that it feels very offputting to me on the rare occasion when I do dream.There's something that doesn't feel right about a story I told myself that I have no control over.

1

If you make a point to remember your dreams, you will. If you try to recall as soon as you wake up. It just takes the effort.

1

Yes, I used to be able to remember my dreams .. Now I can only recall bits right when I wake up and then it's gone .. I sort of miss it ...

1

If you sleep in a cold room after a few nights you will have nightmares.

1

Rarely do I remember dreams. Even then, it's more of an emotional reaction than an actual play by play memory.

1

mostly when i wake up from a dream, i just have a very strong feeling or emotion, im freaked out, or super happy or something like that. once in a while ill have one of 3 dreams, 2 bad and 1 good, that ive had since i was a kid. those don't happen often. it can be months or even years between them, but i remember them. and then even more rare are the dreams that randomly pop up, they are very realistic and usually not very good, i remember those ones 2

Byrd Level 7 Apr 11, 2018
1

I don't have any recollection of dreams that may have occured not sure why.

1

Same here. I haven’t remembered dreams in decades. Part of it is lack of sleep I’m sure.

0

Most of the time yes, I thought It was because of alcohol ?

0

Once in awhile... I have a good one, but I agree... There is something wrong with the collective consciousness... It has turned into a zombie...

0

I dream all the time, in color with very vivid details. I usually remember evereything.

ebdb Level 7 Apr 11, 2018
0

Vivid/lucid here unless truly exhausted

0

I rarely remember them these days.

0

Ive never really had dreams any my whole life, always wished I would dream but I only have one dream that reoccurs occassionally and its one that I can fly in and I always end up falling and crashing. and I don't have it that often, maybe once every 2-3 years.

jorj Level 8 Apr 11, 2018
Write Comment
You candd include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:55599
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.