Agnostic.com

37 2

Do the holidays lift your spirits?

I'm wondering if non-believers enjoy the holiday season... so are the holidays a boost to your mood? Is the opposite true? Or, perhaps they have no major effect at all?

So, what is it for you?

silvereyes 8 Dec 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I enjoy seeing family. It’s one of the few times of the year everyone makes an effort to be in the same location at the same time. I hate shopping and at times I feel out of place since I’m not a believer. I guess it’s a mix.

they do the opposite for me

Christmas music is the best. If you're not listening to Sia's chistmas album, what are you doing with your life?

Marz Level 7 Dec 24, 2017

@silvereyes

I usually feel down this time of year, but I'm not sure if it's the holidays or the weather. I hate the cold.

I still look forward to the holidays because I do get to see family members that I normally don't get to see other than on holidays. I get annoyed if I have normal shopping to do and have to deal with the commotion of holiday shoppers, but we do still buy gifts for my kids since they will feel a lot of pressure from peers if they didn't get gifts, and they are from Mom and Dad, not santa. Most of all I like the break from all of the normal monotony of typical work days.

Do the spirits lift my holidays? Absolutely!

godef Level 7 Dec 24, 2017

When I was between marriages it was depressing. Now with my daughter coming home and having family around I enjoy it.

gearl Level 8 Dec 24, 2017

I would like to see all holidays done away. People will ask me how was my holiday, and I will tell them I don't celebrate that holiday. They look at me like there's something wrong with me. Most people follow the crowd and they don't understand someone who doesn't.

No. It's not important for me any more.

Mixed feelings this year.

no/ Right now I am on a road trip for distraction. Usually I am part of the dutiful mass pilgramage but not this year

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10127
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.