Agnostic.com

18 1

Is this it?

Is this all there is to life? I was expecting more. What, I have no idea ... just ... more.

dennisthepenis 3 June 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Its what you make it

if thats all there is, then lets keep dancing (an old song)

With a site name like that you must be 13 years old & should not be on an adult site.

Another chap who could use a jumper knitting. You will catch yer death come winter 😉

Set some goals.
Do volunteer work
Enjoy life

Well, get out there and make more.

I assume you're not talking about experiences ... because there are so many experiences, too many to be had in a relatively short lifespan. Knowledge, awe, creativity, and wonder at the craziness that is life? There's more than we would be able to get as well. Connections with others? But, at the same time, heartaches and pains too.

But, if you've come from a religious background (like I have) then it will feel like you've gone from the promise of eternity to a very short lifespan, so maybe that's what you're referring to? That initially (for a few years) was quite a downer for me, realising that the promise I held on to didn't actually exist. It all felt empty for a while. Is that what you mean?

If you cannot glory in a lovely sunset or a great piece of music, you are wasting your life.

Life can sometimes seem to be less than you expected, but that gives you motivation to try to make your the best life you can

"Your future is whatever you make it; so make it a good one"

If you expect/want more out of life , in all likely hood , you'll have to put more into it .

strange... I don't remember expecting anything before I was born. expectations are really dangerous territory.

Yes

Meditate. you will find more.

A big question with no simple answer.

I have a similar dilemma. What's the point, right?

I look to interaction with other people and with nature. Both constantly surprise and delight me. If this whole thing - life - is a cosmic fucking joke, then make your own fun. Believe me, I have been to the edge of the void. You only live once, brother; suck the marrow from the bones.

@Donotbelieve My meaning was to extract every ounce of pleasure and joy that you can out of life.

@Donotbelieve No worries. That is the problem with text - inflection gets lost. All good, my friend.

Life can be as big or small as we choose to make it, I reckon, but a bigger life takes better luck and more effort.

Maybe you haven't been lookin in the right places to find more

It's kind of like the first time you see the horizon, just not as big as you imagined.

Maybe more Beer ?

@McVinegar
Sex perhaps ???

@VAL3941 That usually ends badly.

@Palindromeman
Sorry ! Yes you are right ! LOL

@VAL3941 Then back to plan A - more beer:

@Palindromeman
OK ! The problem being the more beer you drink the more you wanf sex. What a vicious circle !!!

lol

@happytena
Where did you come from, want more Beer or sex ??? LOL

I live in Tucson. I am a wine drinker myself. And, I am looking for a little more than sex. I prefer a lasting friend. Thanks anyway

@happytena
Was just asking ? LOL

@VAL3941 I'm more of a wine person myself. And cocktails. I do like a martini.

@McVinegar
Me too !

@McVinegar, @Palindromeman
To each his own they say ?

@VAL3941 Don't me wrong - it's winter here and I do like a good stout.

@Palindromeman
Yeah it is Winter here too. Still like my beer though ! LOL

@VAL3941 Okies! I tend to assume most people on this site are North American. My bad.

@Palindromeman
No Problem, was just taking the mickey out on you ! LOL

@VAL3941 No worries mate!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:101899
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.