Agnostic.com

14 5

Pictures missing

Why do so many members fail to put a picture on their profiles? Is there concern someone in your family or from your work might learn you are atheist? It really hampers the attempt to find someone of the opposite sex to connect with.

PKCZ 3 June 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree with you I only give my position if it's asked about religion but you have to be true to yourself you believe what you believe too bad you're so far away...!

The great thing about this community is that people are here for multiple different reasons, and it’s rewarding for each one of them. Perhaps the ones you pointed out aren’t who you’re looking for anyways.

Marz Level 7 June 11, 2018

I hate most pics of myself.

Also, I'm not looking for someone of the opposite sex.

there are as many reasons as there are people, all valid. Just check out the ones with pics

btroje Level 9 June 10, 2018

I can't speak for others, but I'm not here for the dating part, so uploading a photo of myself is not necessary.

If they don't want to show their face, you might not want to see it either.

Lol

I suppose some of us are still in the closet out of fear of being persecuted, it does happen. Religious people have no qualms about attacking and undermining those who do not share their particular form of madness. I don't have those issues because I'm an owl. 😉

@Stacey48 It's true. 🙂

@Stacey48, @PKCZ Some get a nostalgic look on their faces as though they wish they could just round up some peasants with torches and pitchforks for a BBQ with me as the guest of honor. Ah the good ole days. 😀

I’d run one of myself for awhile, then noticed other’s replacing theirs with Icons and such. The day my cursor drug across a members face -- and their profile automatically arose! … I decided to lower my profile, which also included lessening my ‘intro piece.’ It’s one thing to have an archive of ‘who's visited your profile,’ and another to have it so easily appear.

So I’m sorry… I also took a couple photos away for the same reason, too easily identifiable. I’ve recognized one person ..it’ll be interesting when we next meet. Not sure I want the world to find me … so now there’s a photo of my filthy arm and boots after a hard day of work.. Good question though ~

Varn Level 8 June 10, 2018

NIce arm! I took my real pic down when I realized people could download it. Not sure why but I didnt like it

Is it all about looks? Why not content?

Some of us have had problems with revealing their ID online in the past and some are here for the community, not actually looking but find nice conversations.

Lukian Level 8 June 10, 2018

I’d made the mistake of entering an online platform using my real name years ago, instantly targeted by the far-wrong contributors too smart or afraid to use theirs... No fun, and those kind of people are dangerous..

Stopped thinking what anyone thought of me long ago.

azzow2 Level 9 June 10, 2018

I feel uneasy interacting with a faceless person without a profile and will sometimes block men if they refuse to give any information or show a photo.

You know, you brought up a very good point. Most of my coworkers would have a stroke or a heart attack if they knew I don't believe in anything. I just don't want to hurt them. They have been good to me, why ruin it?

Well you do believe in something, you believe in yourself and humanity which is something. Now believing in an imaginary sky daddy is truly believing in nothing, so keep on believing in something.

@Surfpirate nice spin... You're right about that, I believe in nothing but myself.

@IamNobody and current theories about reality make even that belief open to debate.

@Surfpirate "current theories about reality"... What are we talking about now?

More are here for the chat I think, reverse image searching is so easy, I would hate to be stalked on here by the people who try to stalk me in other areas.

Simple..take a quick selfie with your smart phone. It will be a new photo.

Nobody wants to date a faceless man..he could be married, a criminal, weigh 300 lbs, be unemployed and living with his mom, or be in a wheelchair-good things to know before considering them for dating.

@birdingnut see, you found me already. I am 300 pounds, (330 actually), not actually employed as such, live with my adult son. OMG, it just gets worse as I think about it.
But I am only here for conversation, I change my profile back and forth to experiment with the new features of the site.

@Rugglesby LOL! Most women want to know what they're getting into first. But also many women are rescuers, willing to date "fixer-uppers."

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104147
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.