Agnostic.com

11 4

"I was lead singer in a hair band cover band in the 80's, and I have never even SEEN cocaine."

Believable? An inherent contradiction?

• 9 votes
  • 24 votes
CallMeDave 8 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What did you do, just close your eyes before snorting up?

Tejas Level 8 June 11, 2018

I give...lol.

everyone has their drug of choice

You thought it was detergent, right

Pretty sure that's a song title.

@CallMeDave The father of the Tide Pod obsession!

I've seen it several times, tried it once, and was singularly unimpressed. Good thing, I guess.

I've played in bands off and on from the 60s until 2013, and I've seen LOTS of cocaine.

I should have made clear that this is a statement made to me by another, which I found highly dubious.
Personally, I was never in a band except marching band.
I saw what the powder did to friends in the 80's. Fortunately, it wasn't my cup of tea. I preferred less metabolism-tweaking substances. The more thoughtful stuff.

I first encountered the white stuff while on the road with a band about 1984 or so. Some guy came up to us on break and we all tried it together. I remember getting back onstage thinking I could play anything that popped into my head - wish I'd had a recording of that gig to prove how wrong I really was, LOL. Later, when I was doing it MUCH more often, I characterized the feeling it gave me as if "I was a ten year old kid on Christmas morning, and EVERY present was for me" - and then chased that feeling unsuccessfully the rest of the day, or until I ran out. Some pretty dark times in my life.

You got the crazy eyes so I not believing you lol

Simon1 Level 7 June 11, 2018

I'll ask only that one take full responsibility for one's own interpretation.

I can't say the same. If you avoided it all the power to you. I've seen it since I was eighteen and stopped doing it before I had heart failure. Not good for your body..

I lived in Southern California when I was young coke was everywhere I was never interested in exploring that avenue. I had seen a lot of people mess their life up over drugs. You were smart to avoid.

azzow2 Level 9 June 11, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104688
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.