Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK People are already torching things they shouldn't with Elon Musk's flamethrowers

Anyone else think this might not be a good idea in the hands of the wrong person?

AmelieMatisse 8 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

And one will be used in a school, crowd, mall to the delight of the nra. Seen the Bad Idea lightbulb before, unless you are nra card holder and don't give a Damn about Safety and others Wellbeing because your head is up your butt in nra agenda. Imaging a Terrorist new weapon of choice in the 21st century. A kkk burning of the cross missing the cross and lighting up the grand dragon. Wonder if the grand dragon in flames will fly? Maybe, even a bad idea has a rebuttal that is good. What a good comic sketch about this item on a kkk ceremony!!! For those Worshippers of science.... this is science in its inner core, equipping idiots with science not only to destroy property, themselves and others.

I too had thought about it being used for terrorist purposes and could see how its misuse will override any potential real use for this thing. Why do we need this kind of crazy stuff? Oh never mind - I just remembered that saying "He who dies with the most toys wins"

@AmelieMatisse Biggest Jerk Syndrome. Remember when cellphones were small? Well they are getting bigger and bigger.

It's more of a big torch than a "flame thrower".
Flame throwers spew out a liquid that's burning causing everything the liquid engulfs to become enflamed.
The upward motion of the flame emitted from this thing betray it.

Agamic Level 6 June 12, 2018

nraspeak... is not a macine gun, is not an automatic rifle, is not a flamethrower!!!! You funny.

@GipsyOfNewSpain

I only mean that an army grade flame thrower, expells a thick burning fluid.
Not that a big "torch" like this thing is, isn't dangerous, it most certainly is.
It's like a "break open", single shot, shot gun is not a machine gun, despite being both a machine and a gun ?

@Agamic So in your rationale and wisdom a man without a penis and testicles is not a man.... 'gotcha. Every torch throws flames in the air.

@GipsyOfNewSpain

Which is I make every attempt at not arguing semantics with others. Etymological problems with definitions.
So if I can drop a ball on to the ground, that makes me a pitcher?
So a candle, match, automobile spark plugs, pilot light are all flame throwers? All deliver a flame.
But none of them, not even a torch can throw that flame hundreds of yards away. That's "throwing".

Let's see how many people torch the snow off their driveway come winter. ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104714
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.