Agnostic.com

8 1

Any suggestions about what to do with 500 Catholic/christian pendants?

A few years ago I bought over 500 crucifix pendants and pendants of Catholic saints for a subversive art project. I never completed the project and have since become unsatisfied with my original idea. I spent about $700 on them and now I don't know what to do with them. Any ideas besides destroying/trashing them? I'd consider just melting them down as they are all metal but they are different kinds, and I'm not a metalsmith anyway. Suggestions/ideas?

ClaytonE83 7 June 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Donate them to a charity or Goodwill & take the tax deduction.

Maybe I can donate them to a satanic organization... Lol

Maybe I can donate them to a satanic organization... Lol

Ebay. And move on to something else.

JacarC Level 8 June 12, 2018

Windchimes?

Not a bad idea, if I hung them all upside down 🙂 thanks for the suggestion

No! Not windchimes. Nothing worse than clanging metal except maybe ATVs.

Sell them on Ebay, list them on Craigslist, etc.

I know I spent money on them but I don't want to put them back into circulation at least to christians who will use them for their intended use lol

@ClaytonE83 It's all a lie anyway, so who cares? Would you care if you sold Harry Potter items? You are giving reverence to something imaginary.

@birdingnut it's not a huge deal to me but no, billions of people don't believe Harry Potter is real and try to change legislation for the worse, based on him.

@birdingnut you might want to look up "reverance", I feel the opposite about the church...

@ClaytonE83 Then why are you spooky about selling the medallions, if you think Christians using them doesn't matter? If it's all imaginary it shouldn't matter if they use them for silly religious reasons or not.

@birdingnut I just don't want to put them back out there really. If I said it didn't matter then I wouldn't care at all. I'd rather melt them down, I see enough bullshit crosses on people and rearview mirrors to be bothered. I know I could be considered hypocritical for buying them but that's in the past. I'm not spooked by them.

You could probably make clear glass or silicone sex toys with the medallions imbedded in them. ?

Not a bad idea, very lowbrow 😉 I think they would rip through silicone, might have to use a casting resin as I don't work with making glass. Would work with someone to do this if I knew anyone with experience who might like the idea... Thanks for the suggestion

Melt them down and make a nice door stop out of them.

I like this idea, the main part of this art project would be a video showing the process for people to watch lol thanks for the suggestion

Maybe you can sell them on ebay one at a time and make a profit.

I know I spent money on them but I don't want to put them back into circulation at least to christians who will use them for their intended use lol

Maybe keep them just in case you think of a new art project.

Another thought, you could tie little atheistic quotes or messages to them and leave them in obscure places in your town.

I might use of the suggestions I got here. I could leave them in dangerous places like zoo enclosures and cliff edges 😉 lol jk. Thanks for the suggestions

best suggestion so far - love ity

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:104902
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.