Agnostic.com

28 13

What If You Were Never Born.....

Take a moment to think about this before you answer!

If you were never born and did not exist, what are some
negative affects of you never existing?

I have always believe that everyone has a purpose, Some times that purpose is significant, and sometimes not so much, but as humans we affect each other in many ways without realizing this often times.

If you are a Parent, Please Don't state the obvious :
"My children wouldn't exist"

I would like for you to think about all the family members, friends, lovers, co workers, homeless people, customers,
etc, that you have encountered in your life time and tell me:

what would be some negative affects of you never connecting with these people, using your current life as an example.

Me:

1.If i had never been born, the very first negative impact of this would be that my mom would most likely be in a nursing home with an amputated foot or leg. My mom lived alone up until last year. She did not know she had diabetes and chose to conceal the fact that she had lost one of her toes because of it. One weekend when i visit her, she must have forgotten to put on some socks, and when i look down and saw her foot, it was obviously infected and missing the second toe. I immediately took her to the ER. Turns out the infection had spread to her bone in her foot causing Osteomyelitis. Mom was in the hospital for 2 months on IV antibiotics to kill the infection and save her foot. Thankfully, it was successful. My point to this story is that I am the only child of my mom who has a medical background out of 11 siblings, and i am the closest to my mother. If i did not exist, i know for a fact my siblings would not take care of my mom, because most of them can barely take care of themselves and are self absorbed. I have my mom with me and i will have her until she or i Die.
2. If i had never been born, my niece would not have be an FBI Agent. Her mother, my sister discouraged her from doing something she really wanted to do.Not only did i encourage her to follow her dreams, i would also assist financially with her education. Once she finished college, she did 2 years as a peace officer, and applied, and was accepted to the FBI academy and is currently a local agent!
3. If i had never been born, i would have not have had the opportunity to encounter literally Thousands of patients i have had the pleasure of treating their cancers and watching their tumors shrink to remission, and also the patients who unfortunately did not make it due to cancer progression. I cannot put a number on how may family members of patients i have laugh and cried with during and after treatments and i am very thankful to have experience this in my life

"No matter who you are, I believe we all have a purpose and we are all connected on some level"

twshield 8 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

this site is not called Doctor Phil,

I don't believe that we all have a purpose - but the question you posted is beyond interesting. Had I not been born? This question is more about what you know has occurred vs. what hasn't. In retrospect Hitler and Lenin's parents might have made a different decision. Without that ability to retrospect, my knee jerk reaction is that in the totality of things it doesn't matter.

@McVinegar - Bingo. IF no one is around. You only live on in people's memories; so to those that consider "living on beyond death" important, then it's important to them to do things that are not only "memorable" but "quotable", or re-state-able...perhaps a law is named after you...then you live on for generations. Again; this depends on how important it is for you to "live on" beyond death.

[commonsenseatheism.com]

I have no idea.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105254
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.