Agnostic.com

6 4

Bullying

So many people take this stance and then when some in society can`t take any more they act out. Then the people that put their hand over their mouth and I should not have pushed that person so hard.

bul·ly1
ˈbo͝olē/Submit
verb
gerund or present participle: bullying
use the believed superior strength or influence to intimidate (someone), typically to force him or her to do what one wants.
"a local man was bullied into helping them"
synonyms: persecute, oppress, tyrannize, browbeat, harass, torment, intimidate, strong-arm, dominate; More

People do this to each other on a daily basis. If you want and desire a more peaceful society, not bullying has to be adhered. When you bully others they either pass it on to someone that they feel is inferior to themselves or they act it out. Think of karma positive feelings bring positive feelings and vice versa. You as a superior life form have the ability to set the ambiance for your surroundings. Ps I changed the definition a tad and added believed at the beginning

• 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 18 votes
  • 1 vote
azzow2 9 June 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Aw hell... bullying let's you know something about a character, then you can coward down or stand up and take action. It's those timid sneaky ones you don't see coming and they hit you from behind. Talk about you. Tell the boss you said a dirty word. Tell on you when your late or leave early and they want your job. Hell... I'll take a bully anyday over a person ratting you out to get your job. Hmmm... people say don't be paranoid......lol. look around and count your real friends....lol.

I have encountered those in the past. They cost me a 20$ hr job Is a long story I can relate though. On another occasion cost me a date with a very beautiful woman they fed her half-truths.

I'm old school and being bullied actually helped me to become a man. In every species of life there is bullying among the same species - it serves a purpose and there is proof that it helps that species to thrive. The minute I learned to fight back - my life changed. I started looking people in the eye, I started looking forward instead of at the ground when I walked and I walked with a better posture. Men showed other men how to be men. That being said, the bullying wasn't constant and there were no weapons involved - bullying has changed a great deal since I was in school. We didn't have social media that allowed people to bully us even after school. In my day if a male student showed up at school wearing a dog collar and being led around on a leash by his girlfriend - there was going to be a beat down and he'd learn real quick - there's a big difference between what you do in private vs. what you do in public. And in my opinion, rightfully so. This attempt to sanitize life to the extent that students can't play dodge ball or tag has been taken to extremes and the evidence of that can be found in the fact that 3/4 of high school graduates are considered unfit to serve. Men don't know how to be men anymore because they're not being given the right role models to follow. We need to be in touch with our feminine side - complete BS. We made it this far because of our most primitive instincts and that includes bullying - it separates the weak from the strong and it's the strong among us not the weak that help us to thrive.

There is a point where aggressive physiological beat down is not weeding out the week it become about dominance and control. As intellectual animals the objective should be about advancement where the problem comes in is everyone advanced at different times.

@azzow2 I live in the real world - we are not that far removed from our primitive past - that is the world we live in - it's not always possible to have a kumbaya moment.

Every time I see a poll I feel I am being bullied by the small scope of the answers. No vote.

Nice always enjoy the extreme ends of a debate.

I think some people are too ‘forceful,’ and would not consider themselves a bully! Then you have a ‘veiled’ kind of behavior, that is bullying that is confusing and people can’t recognize it as ‘bullying.’ I think it is not always so clear cut, so that we can move on...fast!

What I have seen is hard to relay. When someone has a strong idea of belief and others will not agree with their ideas the aggressor starts trying to be domineering with calling names and forcing ideas with agression. When someone starts rattling off belittling terminology. In my mind their IQ drops severly. . In other words aggressive verbal pressure dose not work. Now being constructively aggressive is more what you were describing that is a much more healthy way.

@azzow2 yes, allowing others time to digest ideas...none of us could buy into the ‘good stuff,’ without giving some peculating time to it! My mind wondered over to the passive aggressive, kind of bully! Those are the people I want to stay clear of!

Apply the silver rule in your association with everyone: Do not do to anyone that which you would not want done to you.

That is about the best advice.

Bullying is just one of many reasons why we need people to referee social interactions

Can see it now walk up physiological clinics lol

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105451
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.