Agnostic.com

7 4

What is happening at the US Border is wrong

Ok, right now the US government is separating children of undocumented immigrants from their parents in the name of enforcing border security.

This is morally reprehensible. This smacks of things that totalitarian regimes do.

I'm calling on all Americans on this site who agree with me to contact their senators and congressmen and let them know that while border security is important, families are too.

jwd45244 7 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

They need to make little heat-seeking missiles for all those drug drones coming over the fence. Or some sort of laser destruct device. It is something like 1500 drones a day is being launched over the border. [washingtontimes.com]

azzow2 Level 9 June 13, 2018

I'm sorry. This has nothing to do with what I'm talking about.

@jwd45244 But it does the main reason for the idiot wall idea is to limit foot traffic coming to the land of the free.

@azzow2 No, just no. If you're not going to help ...

I am in complete agreement with you; this barbaric behavior is only steps away from totalitarianism. Never having done what you are suggesting, regarding contacting one's representatives, could you give some idea of how that goes? I assume you're saying call them up....or? Do you leave a message, or?

You can find out your senator's and congressman's office telephone number by doing a Google search. When you call please be respectful and courteous but explain your point.

@jwd45244 always am respectful. Thanks for the advice.

@Condor5 I have no doubt. Others will read this and I don't want them to go off half cocked

I hope people will do this. I'm disgusted by these actions taken by our government.

It is deplorable, sad, and immoral. It makes me ashamed of this country.

Please call your senators and congressmen. You can do something to help them.

There are a lot of things that are wrong going on right now which we will be paying a heavy price to the piper for in years to come. Especially in regards to the children whose lives we're negatively effecting.

These kids are going to grow up, and when they do they will remember what happened to them. As adults they will understand who did these things to them and they will have access to the resources to bring about a reckoning. And their numbers will not be small.

Ok, then let's speak up for them now. Will you help?

As inhuman as is to separate these kids from their parents...and we know this is being done to discourage people from coming to USA....the parents are the ones who are putting the kids in danger.
I don't understand why people run away from their problems instead of fixing them.

@jwd45244

I'm doing everything I can at this point. I'm making use of social media to the best of my ability to show the country and the world what has been going on and to mobilize the largest segment of the populace against the monsters who currently occupy the highest offices in our government.

I have to believe that the significant majority of the population of the United States still has a conscience, but has simply allowed themselves to fall in to complacency of late. I have to believe that they now realize how their complacency has allowed fringe lunatics and those who support their reprehensible agendas to be placed into position of power which such individuals should never be allowed anywhere near.

To believe otherwise would be to believe that the majority of the population of the United States has gone criminally insane. I'm not at that point yet.

What happens on most borders is wrong, even ours !

Let's do something about this not just talk

@jwd45244
What ? Go stand there with a bullwhip ?

@VAL3941 No, call your senators and congressmen

@jwd45244
We don't have those here and our polititians just want to enrich themselves !

And I’d suggest the opposite. Let the trump folks clean up the festering neglected mess on our southern border and see if the illegal immigration stops. Let a message be sent that the USA is finally paying attention, so if you want to live in a viable nation - take back your own, not ours..

Varn Level 8 June 13, 2018

So, you're ok with us kidnapping children?

That is beyond ignorant. Obama deported more people than any Presidrnt in history. I guess you weren't paying attention. Fewer people are coming across the border than in decades. I guess you weren't paying attention. Separating children from their parents is fucking evil and unacceptable period. All these folks wanting asylum go through a process and either get to stay or go back depending on whether they can show cause for claiming asylum, and it hasn't, until now, included taking children from their parents, but l guess you weren't paying attention.

@jwd45244 The ‘caged child’ photo was staged, and appears to be being taken down where posted or found of facebook. The US should not be kidnapping children, but I’ve heard nothing of the sort. Now if there are families having snuck into the country with children, or ‘mothers’ having birthed them here in order to claim instant citizenship, they’ll need to be sorted out.

@Sticks48 And that is beyond arrogant.. Obama increased deportation over Bush Jr., as the republicans considered/ used illegal immigrants alternatives to slave labor. Obama also issued an executive amnesty, mixed signals. And (if you hadn’t noticed), during the Obama years the US experienced the worst recession/ depression in most our lifetimes, thus there were far fewer US jobs to be had.

Lots of people want asylum, and the USA is very generous; but there’s a legal method. Who of us feel we’d have a free & clear right to smuggle our family into another nation without consequences..? Far more ‘fucking evil’ has been done to children than this; when forced labor starts, or ovens are built, let me know ~

I recently said to a friend: "" I can give food to my needy neighbor one, two three .....times....but if I don't want him to be at my table every day, I will help him to get a job.

@DUCHESSA [not aimed at you, just a more detailed description of my thoughts on this subject] It’s tuff, and complicated. Growing up on the West Coast of the US, I remember being displaced in ‘the berry fields’ by ‘Mexican immigrants,’ bussed from local labor camps while following a harvest circuit from So. Cal to N. Wash. An adult, more and more local employers were ‘keeping them on’ year round.. Illegal, but ignored.

As that increased to epidemic numbers, they’d become the ‘new slave labor.’ Resident Reagan’s answer was a ‘one-time Amnesty,’ in which each newly legalized US citizen was allowed to bring in 8 ‘family members.’ You’d then see pregnant ‘latina women’ (with on average 3rd grade educations and illiterate in English), pushing baby strollers with two more children hanging on either side.

The word was out - sneak into the USA, there are plenty of unscrupulous employers willing to hide you, or hide out within a house of ‘newly legalized’ (many homes had 3 families within one house) … and wait for the next Amnesty.. And, any child born ‘on US soil’ became an instant citizen! Interstate 5 became a drug corridor, several majority ‘immigrant’ towns became havens, latino gangs were appearing in schools, union jobs were undercut by illegal labor and our social services were consumed.

My two children had one foreign language option in their rural high school, and it wasn’t Japanese.. Jobs began requiring Spanish ‘bilingual,’ thus native speakers were best qualified. Entry level jobs for our young men were taken by newly/ illegal immigrants, often leaving ‘the military’ as the only option for our local youth (our HS became the #1 military recruiting HS in the state) ...as my ultra-Democrat friends protested deportations and encouraged open borders 😕

With a far better feel for reality, as I’d worked the Democrat’s booth more than anyone within our county ..I heard and understood the undercurrent … as did the Republicans.. Now there’s trump, for the most part, having rode out his primary as the only candidate clinging to the ‘let’s finally get tough on illegal immigration’ stance.

‘A Wall’ is idiotic; simply enforcing existing laws is all it would take (which is what’s happening now). Once, when some president got tougher on illegal crossings, fishing boats were dropping IL’s off the coast of Oregon ..into the surf, with lunch in a paper bag & directions to the nearest town!

I know I’m going on ... but I know of what I speak. I’m a child whose parents boycotted CA grapes, as did I (for years afterwards), to support migrant workers rights. Unfortunately, that remains the mindset of most Democrats regarding illegal immigrants... The world is full, that’s the problem ~

@Varn The actual reality is that Mexican immigrants are leaving the US. We don't have a real problem. But what we don't have to be inhumane in our border enforcement.

@Varn I live in USA for over 35 years; I know what you are talking. The one to be blamed are not the Mexicans / Hondurans / Spaniards....that worked in the fields BUT THOSE GREEDY ONES WHO HIRED THEM.

About Reagan's Amnesty and USA Citizenship. You are a little confused since what was granted to the illegals was a TEMPORARY GREEN CARD (Temporary Alien Residence) which -after several years- could become permanent. The USA Citizenship was / is a right the person can apply for after several years of legally residing in the country....IS NOT MANDATORY TO BECOME AN USA CITIZEN.

I was involved in the Amnesty process by helping local people to fill up papers, translating for them, teaching them English and a lot more.

@Varn My other country is going through similar problems w/ the illegals; you are not mentioning anything I don't know...here or there...and the consequences this issue brings to a nation

@jwd45244 There’s been a slight outward ‘migration’ due in most part to the downturn in our economy, and currently due to the fact our existing laws are (finally) being enforced. I’m certain any deportations will be far safer than what those families put their members through to penetrate our border in the first place.. It’s a chance they took, and most have benefited greatly, at our expense 😕

@DUCHESSA Yes - there’s plenty of blame & shame to go around! The Republicans ‘use them’ to undercut the wage base and break unions - The Democrats view them as a future reliable voting block..

And, the Employers! E-verify is now available - so no employer can be excused for hiring an illegal immigrant. If it’s enforced … which remains the problem, until now..

A group of which I was a longtime member kept us pretty well informed regarding Reagan's Amnesty. If not ‘instant,’ then eventual. And the consequences were obvious.

My mother devoted a portion of her life helping assimilate Cambodian refugees after the Vietnam war. They’ve quite a presence in Portland OR. I was raised right…

Most of Europe, or the EU is experiencing the same pressures. But can you imagine an ‘open borders’ policy? Both Clinton & Sanders were ‘fine with that’ in the last presidential run … and though next-to-nothing is mentioned from the progressive side, that is likely the number one reason this ..insult to humanity is in our White House.

It’s not trump’s idea, he’d ship em here in containers as slave labor! It was a well researched ..often quiet concern of US citizens. Had the best of Democrats come up to me one time after a meeting, “We want to thank you for what you said” (about illegal immigration). “We’ve thought the same thing for a long time,” “But as Democrats, didn’t think we’d be allowed to bring it up.”

Obama worked both sides, as he did.. Never forcefully committing to either, as was his ..way. This asshole’s at least following up ... on something that should have been dealt with decades ago ~

@Varn Your ignorance knows no bounds!

@Sticks48 Got it, Sticks ~

@jwd45244 Not even that...The number of Mexicans attempting to enter USA is less than half compared to last two years.

@Varn How about "sorting out" all the whites in the US who stole the land from the native Indians too.

@jwd45244, @Varn The horror most parents put their relatives through to enter USA are beyond beliefs. Now, I ask: The coyotes charge them between U$S 10,000 and 20,000 per person....If these people are so poor, how they obtain said amounts ?

@Jolanta You gittin me started..? Humans take land - period. I forget the percentage of land mammals having gone extinct when those humans arrived in the Americas, but they had no mersey. They also killed and enslaved each other. They’re not gone, one sixteenth of ‘them’ is even alive in me..

I’m beginning to fear ‘being atheist’ (or agnostic) to many is simply a way of protesting the status quo… I say it as I see it, and attempt to see it as it is. And as political as I can get, never view it as a team sport..

@DUCHESSA Yes, and if caught & released, most are right back for another attempt! I heard an NPR piece recently describe how ‘battered wives’ had obtained a ‘status’ that’s allowed them into the nation for years. Is there no civil law south of the US border?

This nation’s fought a civil war, experienced high-profile assassinations, civil rights riots, battles for unions, anti-war protests and conquered a multitude of discrimination - right here. Is it because we didn’t have anywhere better to sneak into..? These economic immigrants need to secure their own nations. It’s one thing to allow a blend of nationalities from around the planet into the country, and quite another to be overwhelmed by one in particular..

@DUCHESSA they pay it back by prostitution

@MrLizard Is a technique to discourage the adults from coming here.

@MrLizard, @jwd45244 ???? Are you talking about a personal experience?

@DUCHESSA No, it is well documented

@jwd45244 Dear, some of the people attempting to enter USA are older men...Be e lil more creative.

@jwd45244 Sure, as "conveniently" documented .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105842
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.