Agnostic.com

13 1

Sacred Land

Since We are "Atheists and Agnostics" make less than 10% of the world population today .. Should we demand the right of our own peaceful utopia?

Nader 6 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Being a Globalist, I think ultimately we all need to come together with all of our diversity.

Isn't that like having a club for non-stamp-collectors?

The drawback of having an atheist country instead of a secular one is that the religiously-driven countries would have no compunctions about trying to murder everyone in that country. Just like Nazis and demons in video games are "safe" targets to kill, because they are seen as not having any redeeming qualities, they'd feel the same way about a country that was explicitly atheist.

Much better to work at educating them out of their delusions a bit more gradually, and in their own countries.

It does not really work that way. Territorial Claims have history of place and peoples. Had A/Ags to formed a people and settled a place, in the last few decades or so, such a claim could have some standing.

Yes and no. I think we need our community, but not land. I don’t like the concept of land as property. I like the idea of secular custodians of land and that land is not ours but something shared.

Livia Level 6 June 13, 2018

That's a very good point...

But why should we move.? And I predict that any contrived effort to create an atheist land would only replicate the Israel/Palestine situation.

Let's see... more than 10% of americans are decendants of african slaves.... they should demand a portion of america. And more than 10% of americans speak Spanish... they should demand their Spanish only Utopia.... You want me to continue slicing your pizza?

Your pizza and mine are not the same . the world is devided by race and belief .. In the west part of the world we are lucky to be able to say that we don't believe in what others believe .. Most of the killing happening because of who has the right of land .. Not just the occupied Palestine . so many parts of the world are have wars and the point was .. "No gods no wars" ? ..

@Nader last time I checked my coordinates were too far to tell if the fart in palestine was islamic or jewish or christian. "right of land" is a very "white" term. Why you worry about palestine and not about the european invasion of the continents now called americas? (after a european mind you). whites and their laws about rights!

@GipsyOfNewSpain I mentioned that the whole world is burning its not just Palestine. About the European invasion . do you worry about it ?

@Nader At this age and time... I don't give a fuck what a white man bitches and cry about. I am for let the world burn and destroy itself. Whatever comes out of the ashes, most likely africa if I am around I help as I can. White lands will be the Nuclear Battlefield.

Have we not learned from the Israeli-Palestinian conflict? Lol

Why?

Atheism only deals with a non-belief in god(s) and nothing more. You would still have all the same conditions that are prevalent in humanity so very little, if anything, would change. There would just be a society with no belief in god(s).

No. Even if we were to get any sort of exclusive area, it certainly wouldn't
ever be any kind of "utopia".
As long as humans are involved, there's no chance of Utopia.
Too many variables to ever achieve that ideal.

Well typed, and sadly true.

True ?

AN ATHEIST HOMELAND!! Great idea.

I think we should have nukes. For defense and stuff.

JacarC Level 8 June 13, 2018

Nukes are never for defense !

Yes we could demand a large tract of land in Israel, call it the unholy land... Every few days we could annex another little tract and build a few more Athiest settlements there...Im sure they'd understand.

This gave me goosebumps ?
I salute you

@Nader It just a mirror..nothing more. ?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:105952
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.