Agnostic.com

43 9

Calling people?

Does anyone call and hope the person you are calling doesn’t pick up? Whenever I call I get an odd feeling and hope the person does not pick up

jab60 6 June 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

43 comments (26 - 43)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I wait for the voicemail to kick in and if I get a real person I stumble over my tongue. I swear I am an idiot. lol

All the time

I rarely call anyone. I text and I answer if my kids or dad calls.

Many times, I hope to get to speak to their answering machine and be done with it.

legna Level 4 June 13, 2018

No. If I phone someone, it's because I want to talk to them. If I don't want to, I don't phone them. I'd rather get whatever business it is done than pay phone tag with their voice mail.

I'm one of those terrible people who are heartily glad that texting came along, for this very reason. These days I can chicken out of having to have a conversation over the phone and send a text instead — and if not happy, it certainly makes me feel relieved to do so.

I like calling and don't worry if they answer or not. However, I detest texting when trying to have an actual conversation. Not because I'm old but because it rates right up there with "meet & greet". Blech!

NO. /old school here.

Qualia Level 8 June 14, 2018

Each and every time. Texting is awesome.

It really depends on the call. I'd usually rather talk than text, but there are some people I just don't want to talk to at all.

Yes I have called the whitehouse.. but all I get is The President is currently in Mara Lago...???️‍♂️

I hate phone communication more than any form.

Sometimes. I'm guessing on those occasions you're calling out of duty?

The same as calling at a house and hoping they aren't in ?

I do that all day long in my job. My mantra when I dial is please go to voice mail... I work in short term disability claims.

It does feel like an intrusion, I am so grateful for texting. It is a standing rule that you text me first to see if am available. Most of the time I am but sometimes I just don't want to talk. Of course I never say that. I just say I will get back to you I am occupied. That way they don't feel rejected by me ignoring their call.

Vyn951 Level 4 June 14, 2018

Being an introvert all the time.

i think it's happened but not often. if i don't feel like talking i usually have email as an option. i do not text, as someone here mentioned as yet another option. i just don't.

g

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:106445
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.