Agnostic.com

27 5

Have you boycotted certain businesses based on your (non) religious principles?

I was wondering if anyone else has certain businesses that they boycott based on your (non) religious principles? For me: I refuse to patronize Hobby Lobby and Chick Fil A based on their stances against birth control and LGBT rights. Just curious as to whether anyone else feels the need to put their money where their mouth is and why.

goatgirl 6 Oct 8

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I completely avoid Chick-fil-A and Hobby Lobby. Salvation Army is a gray area for me. I won't support their corporate headquarters in any way, but I do shop at their thrift stores. That money stays local. The 50 cents I spend on a book or record is more likely to shelter a local homeless person than to oppress LGBT people in the political arena.

I have made a life of boycotting businesses, the big ones are the major banks, what is your money doing? I avoid Gloria Jeans, anything owned by the big media companies. I check most companies out before I deal with them, just look up a lot of companies involved in ethical investment, many have lists of which companies are doing dirty stuff and who owns them. Gloria Jeans owners were heavily into the Hillsong Church but the business has since been sold, I would not have bought a business from these people so continue to boycott the stores. Rugglesby never forgives.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1070
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.