Agnostic.com

8 6

List Makers

Anyone else a list maker?

What are some things you make lists for (not shopping)?

We leave in 4 days for a cross country road trip and I think I've gone through a notebook already making and remaking lists.

Crimson67 8 June 16

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you like it or not it still is mostly for shopping.

Gert Level 7 June 17, 2018

I have a packing list, a things to do before I leave list (adjust thermostat, lock doors, lights off etc.), movies to watch list, and a few others I don’t have listed! ? Mine are all synced on WONDERLIST app.

Mine are all held in PageMaker files. I started using Pagemaker when it was called Aldus Pagemaker for Windows 286. That was way back in 1988.
(Windows 286b was later called Windows 2. The next version of Windows was for the 386 processor, but the name was shortened to Windows 3)

@Petter, I like Wonderlist because it is synced with my computer, iPad and Android phone. For groceries or other shopping lists I can add items on any device and it is automatically on all of them. Since most of the time, if I don’t add it the moment I think of it, it doesn’t get on the list. ?

@Barnie2years For a list I can access from anywhere, even from a borrowed machine in a cyber cafe, I simply use a secret file I keep on my main domain. However, I don't have very much use for it, except when I'm travelling around Europe. In fact, I mainly use it as a repository for photographs.

I have permanent master lists on my computer which I then copy and paste onto another page, before ticking off items. The biggest list is for when I am about to set off on my annual motoring jaunt through Europe and has some 80 items on the check list. The I have another master list for visits to the medical centre, etc
I also have a holder in the kitchen which holds a roll of cash register paper and has a tear off cutter. As things run out, or run low, I list them, then tear off the strip before I go shopping.
In my study I have a list of "to do" things, such as "Fix leaking outside tap". It's getting a little hard to read that entry, as it has badly faded over the past year!

Petter Level 9 June 16, 2018

I make lists when I am going hiking so I have something to come home to and say 'yeah, I forgot those' at.

Ha! Relatable.

A list of all your accounts and passwords

I don't.
My sister makes them for every damn thing, every day.

You're not alone, I make lists of things to do, stuff for road trips, all that stuff, but I think it's just being organised and having a respect for my increasing memory deficits πŸ™‚

ipdg77 Level 8 June 16, 2018

I make "to do" lists
Both as breakdown steps in projects
And as things needing done.
The 3x5 card is my friend

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:108259
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.