Agnostic.com

73 9

Why did you choose your username/avatar?

I always take note of user names in forums, many are either a real name or initials, but others may have interesting reasons, and I am interested if anyone cares to share. Mine is merely acknowledgement and acceptance of a crap childhood, I nearly didn't survive a couple of times due to either direct abuse or failure to receive medical attention following abuse and this is only the tip of the iceberg. So I use the identity, Sir Bodsworth Rugglesby the third, a fictional character claimed to be the only man who went through hell and came back alive.

Rugglesby 8 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

73 comments (26 - 50)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

It's a bit of a mashup. Parts taken from my real name and a street I used to live on.

Nicole - it's what most people know me as, socially.
Cadmium - it's a play on Nickel Cadmium (as in batteries.) I use the same name on another forum, where quite a few of us have joke names. I was Claudia Bolloksov for a while, but I couldn't get the hang of people referring to me as Claudia.

The forum originally took my full name directly from Facebook. I chose to change it, since everyone else around here seems to be using an alias of some sort.

The photo is of me. As for the name, I think I just felt like having a cup of coffee at the time.

Simplicity. My common-as-dirt first name, plus my city. Rather disappointed to see no one else from this town on this forum. (sigh)

Mine is what I am; a farmer and a heathen. Quite self explanatory.

Always use my name and picture... lack of imagination I guess.

Ummm.... my name is Paul, and the number 47 has some significance to me? (It appears frequently throughout the Star Trek franchise, in codes and so forth. It's a little in-joke the creators have, and I'm that big of a geek.)

Spike, aside from being my nickname, is my slang talk for bullet, as a bullet pierces like a spike. Talon obviously is a reference to the eagle, my favorite bird, and also a well known symbol of liberty and justice. So loosely translated my online pseudonym means the bullet of justice. As for my chosen avatar, I change it sometimes, but I think my current one no one on here has yet to figure out its origin, so I'll leave that as a mystery for now. I'd be quite amused though if anyone does figure out what my avatar represents. I have two other online pseudonyms as well, and a third Spike Steele was an initial consideration for this app, but that name had quite a past to it so I settled on Talon instead.

The Federalist Party of the USA?

@Rugglesby Ah, I see someone read my profile closely...indeed it is.

@SpikeTalon Actually it was the logo itself, I am dyslexic, and for some reason numbers and logos stick in my brain if I have seen it before I will remember I have. In the case of this one, it came up some time back when one of my kids was looking at designs thinking about tattoos.

What a great question!

I was once referred to as 'The Sandster'. My (abbreviated) name is Sandy and at least in the UK changing your name to end it with '-ster' is a form of endearment. So I use it as a reminder that somebody somewhere likes me!

My daughters abbreviated name also.

WACO, what more can I say.

That's my real picture and my name, Jekka, is an inside joke of sorts.

Jekka Level 3 Jan 2, 2018

My name is Teresa and that is me in the picture. I have no imagination..HAHAHAHAHAH

Wile E. Coyote has always been a hero of mine. He is the ultimate optimist in that no matter how often he fails he ALWAYS gets back up, puts out any fires in his fur, and tries again. the rest of my name is NOT what most people think it is. Just a happy coincidence of my birth... which is in the Chinese year of the cock I might add.

that's quite and name Rugglesby.
Mine is a play on my surname of Sykes and psychology it was going to be the name of my business as a life coach.

My username is an anagram of my first and last name.

Because all the cool avatars, like the velociraptor with the rpg riding the shark, were already taken.

I have nothing to hide, so I just use my name. It is unusual enough to almost guarantee nobody else is using it.

It was late at night when choosing a screen name. I've thought about changing it because it seems like a mouthful and it's a pita to type out when logging in, but I've not taken the leap to change it just yet.
Pic chosen figuring if someone can't handle seeing me sweaty, no makeup with a puppy on my lap it's not anyone worth knowing intimately. 😀

Also seeking something akin to anonymity, trapezoid was literally the first thing that came into my head - used phone camera for profile pic rather than upload an existing image that was more recognisable... just in case.

I am actually Rob, but I am a Pratchett fan, especially of the Nac Mac Feegle. The pic is just me, slumped, with beer.

ok, haven't read that one, but have read a bit of Pratchett.

The Nac Mac Feegle appear in the Tiffany Aching books. A splendid parody of smurfs.

All my avatars are from literature. If someone asks me is that "Atticus" from "to Kill A Mockingbird" , the Roman Atticus or the Greek Atticus I know I can have an intelligent conversation. If they ask, "What is an Atticus" my general response is "How 'bout dem Dogs?"

The word has pleasant connotations to me, and I like the way it sounds.

It came spontaneously - not without much thought.

AccursedHalo... Cursed Halo. Because I have gone through some shit as well, thus Cursed. Halo because it represents Angels, and my middle name is Angel and the meaning of my first name is Angel. So.. AccursedHalo. Also, it sounds good. My avatar? I think it is a good picture of me and I like the way my hair looks! Lol.

Unicorn was the name of my alma mater's humor magazine, where I was editor-in-chief my senior year. 1824 is when my alma mater was founded.

Kiramea is a name that I use in BDSM circles. It means "little dark one" (I used to have dark brown hair before it turned gray). The thing is, I am anything but "little". Kind of like Tiny being used for the nickname of a large man.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10888
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.