Agnostic.com

19 12

*To My Christian Friends😘

Be honest, how would you feel if:

Lawmakers wanted to use your tax dollars to teach Islamic beliefs in private Muslim schools?

Police cars and courthouses had the words "Allah be praised" on them?

Your son or granddaughter was forced to recite Islamic prayers on a public school sports team?

Presidential candidates said that the U.S. Constitution should be ignored in favor of Islamic teachings?

An appalling thought, isn't it? The thing is, atheists are living with this every day. Not with Islam, but with Christianity.

This was a meme that the site wouldn't let me upload, but it's mostly text...and I thought it makes a really good point.

silvereyes 8 Dec 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

19 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I was once a team leader with 12 members on my team. Every Friday I would give them a rota for the following week and inevitably there were those who did not like the shift slots that I gave them.
One Friday I placed the rota sheet on the table for next week and two of my team stepped forward to pick it up. One exclaimed that it was blank. Yes, I said and this is where you all sit down and give me a copy when you have reached an agreement. Never had a problem with the rota again..

β€œThe government of the United States is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion.”
β€”John Adams

People are weak and sheepish like and will believe anything other than cold hard reality because
the truth is to painful. I don't know how these so called religious sheep still believe in a greatest serial killer ever made up by humanity. Did god not have any girls in his family? Typical men...they made god a man and a virgin, as it sounds like he (sic) is with no women around. Where is Mrs god? And what is Jesus doing right now? Is he sort of an advisor? If so they need to sharpen up their act. Maybe they should move to another universe and torture somebody else.

There was a case several years ago where a graphics arts teacher was teaching Calligraphy. She thought the Arabic alphabet had a beautiful form of Calligraphy and used the Koran as a guide. There was such an outcry and she was fired.

This is just another hypocritical part of all religions; they don't understand the word is inclusive not exclusive. The problem is that none of the sects are inclusive either including Christians. Catholics, Protestants, Mormons, Baptists and on and on each think their belief is the only true one.

@silvereyes you mean cross of the problem?

@silvereyes the goddamn cross with a man nailed to it blood dripping down...hanging on wall as you sit to eat....scary shit....

Yeah, they deleted my posts too.

Just shut up and keep your head down.

Forgive the religious analogy, bu there you are "preaching to the choir." You may want ot copy and paste that onto Facebook.

@silvereyes I guess that is why I spend mos tof my time here now instead of Facebook.

In our little town the police cars all say "In God We Trust" on the back. I'd like to see their faces if someone insisted that they read "On Allah We Trust".

I guess there is no chance of you sitting down with them to watch The Life Of Brian...I guess that would make you as popular as a rattlesnake in a lucky dip...LOL

I wouldn't be happy about them being force-fed any of that bullshit.

I posted that on my facebook page yesterday. As of now, not one of my Christian friends have responded. That's not unusual though; they usually don't respond to (what they consider) anti-religious posts.

Interestingly I have had a couple de-friend me and they both were relatives. Oh well......

Bwahahaha. Fantastic! πŸ˜€

Division of church and state period.

To Christians, I asked on a poll.
If you (Christian) got hijacked on a plane by Jihad Muslims, then they held you in a Muslim country.
Then gave you two choices.

1.Convert to Muslim and worship Allah.
2. Be murdered

Most Christians on poll choose death.They would fight rather than switch.

Christian or not , I would lie through my teeth and save my skin first. ALLAHeees ALLAHAAAAA , Allahhllalla. Then escape.

Hahaha fuck any god is better than death, right?

We already live in a dysfunctional theocracy here in the good ol' USA. Abortion restrictions, Ten Commandments and Latin crosses on public [yours and mine} land, it's even on the money. It's time to turn this franchise around!

What I've found is that many Christians can't accept this analogy because they insist there's something special about Christianity and, even when confronted with the problem of conflicting faith-based ideologies, insist that their faith is somehow more valid, that it Trump's all others. My uncle the other day was itching for a fight and insisted I was being arrogant and closed minded because I don't believe things that are asserted without evidence, and when I pointed out that what he believes (extremely conservative Catholicism) isn't demonstrated any more than Hinduism or Islam or any other religion, so it's difficult to determine which is right (assuming any of them is). He sort of agreed, before going on and on about how science doesn't know everything and has made mistakes, and how there's all sorts of evidence to back up Catholicism (and it seems the very existence of the religion is evidence of its truth somehow). The apologists tend to hang importance on the most trivial things in support of their worldview, and ignore all reason and evidence that contradicts their point.

@silvereyes: I feel like this quote from Sam Harris sums up my uncle accurately: "If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn’t value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?"

Gee... I say no to all religion. I don't care where it came from or who says it... sorry if i offended.

I support freedom of Religion, not all Religions are delusional and more harmful.

Although when we are not afraid to have a reasonable discussion with them, then they refuse or get angry. Then they end up looking like the asshole , not you.

@Castlepaloma.

Merriam-Webster

religion
noun reΒ·liΒ·gion \ ri-?li-j?n \
Popularity: Top 1% of lookups |Updated on: 16 Dec 2017
Definition of religion
1 a : the state of a religious a nun in her 20th year of religion
b (1) : the service and worship of God or the supernatural (2) : commitment or devotion to religious faith or observance
2 : a personal set or institutionalized system of religious attitudes, beliefs, and practices
3 archaic : scrupulous conformity : conscientiousness
4 : a cause, principle, or system of beliefs held to with ardor and faith

reΒ·liΒ·gion
r??lij?n/Submit
noun
the belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
"ideas about the relationship between science and religion"
synonyms: faith, belief, worship, creed; More
a particular system of faith and worship.
plural noun: religions
"the world's great religions"
a pursuit or interest to which someone ascribes supreme importance.
"consumerism is the new religion"

@Castlepaloma. Religion to me: There's just to much to break down to find something important to it. I'm tired of it and the false hope. I don't care if someone or something good is in there. I don't like the word Religion. I don't care...

I don't care about Religion as much as you. When the world's population is 80percent Religious. I can not turn my back on these people that we deal with daily.

Any hierarchy systems that is this large, is a hazard to our health and well being.

To shrink these groups down to a moderate size is more reasonable than getting rid of the them, in our lifetime.

@Castlepaloma. I sent you a message.

On this site we know mainly Religion is based on BS and fear. My integrity of ethics is secure, wail Religious morals, wrong interpretation and historical evidence is heaviest in question or answers.

What's more important for a diversity love and friendier world is to engage them in to slow dialogue listening with respect and acceptance them as they are people too, don't attack. Then with a better trust with us, teach slowly reasonable solutions as we know secretally Religious seed is to divided.

In the long run, Religion will have no chance then to pass over to life, based on good sense. A great opportunity challenge to give to a false superior group with their heads up their ass.

Or choose us against them (the 80percent) let me know how those results keep working out.

@Castlepaloma. Good luck on that!

You hit the nail on the head! Of course, the xtians "excuse" is that this country was founded by xtians on xtian values, a total re-writing & reinterpretation of history.

You are assuming that the people you are trying to present reason to are going to accept this. You can show people knowledge, but you can't stop ignorances.

Sorry Ma'm, I am not a Christian but what you shared is called prejudice. Why should tax payers money be spent for any religious teaching let alone Islam. Don't you have Christian convent schools where they teach Christian beliefs?

@MsOliver thank you for correcting me.

@evestrat new to the font... Just getting used to. Will catch up soon.. πŸ™‚

I can tell you exactly how this plays out. They crap themselves at the thought of Sharia Law and Islam infiltrating any institution in the United States, but they want the ten commandments plastered on the wall of every single classroom and public facility in the country. And to these people, that shit makes perfect sense.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:10901
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.