Agnostic.com

15 9

Has anybody ever noticed things start to happen for you that you once cared about when you stop caring so much?

I never got that lol. It’s like the Universe enjoys playing games. The moment you stop caring as much is when things start to happen.

EmeraldJewel 7 June 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never happened t o me.

You mean it wasn't the work of prayer?

It can be funny at times how that works. The interesting part is that we can pay attention to details in our daily errands, only to discover there are plenty of little events we don't seem to have an explanation for..... A lot of them, coincidences...others, you have to wonder why...

In recent years I’ve literally told myself IDGAF for so many things and it has allowed me to sleep at night. What it means to me is not sweating the little things.

I think it's more like our perception changes. Perspective gets shuffled and shifted. Desires and necessities change with age and circumstance.

I don't think its so much the amount of caring as it is the drive to push it though. I think some things just can't be rushed or pushed into action. Having patience to simply line things up and then let them proceed at a more natural pace can be difficult for some people.

For others it can be a struggle to even get things lined up so caring is necessary to get things done at all.

AmyLF Level 7 June 19, 2018

Maybe we are all parts of a stimulation..game like sims..being played by alien teenagers...lol

Yeah ! I like getting stimulated ? Right on my dear ? LOL

Some people call that, "letting the game come to you". As if, things are going to happen, if they're going to happen. Not forcing the issue. Que sera sera. Whatever will be will be.

Sometimes things can be set up to happen if you can work it. An example of that would be putting aside 10 % of your salary some place that provides interest, and letting it ride. After a period of time, you've got a little bit of money stashed away.

If I put away one of my female freinds will she also multiply ?

No. Things normally get worse when I stop caring about something.

That happened to me a few times. Right after I said the hell with it.... my luck turned around.

Lol funny how life works out.

I noticed to day I wanted to make a post and nothing came to me until I switched off my computer. Then I suddenly had 2 posts to make ! Weird ?

Yes, when we don't give something so much attention it all falls into place.

Try not wanting a burger and see what happens ?

Hahaha!

The 'verse will do what it does (and, yes, that an oblique reference to Firefly). I think it's like sleep - if you think hard about it, it avoids you. You think about pizza and you are out like a light...

Our perception of time passing changes based upon our focus. it's a biological fact.

@Beach_slim exactly. touche!

@Beach_slim The Force is strong in this one.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:110478
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.