Agnostic.com

29 7

Even if we assume god is real, it doesn't change anything but in fact shows how obnoxious his personality is (read the full part).

Have you ever wondered that MAYBE god is real, but we fail to realize his presence just because we don't believe in him? Well, to be honest, I haven't. This thought crept up my mind because I was discussing my views with the elderly people of my family and I put the point forward that I don't believe in God not only because there is no legitimate evidence of his presence, but primarily because I never felt his presence. This obviously triggered an elderly woman who told me that God doesn't think I am worthy of his presence because I don't have faith in him. Logically, I had no answer to this which would soften her rigidity on this issue, so rather than arguing upon how God allegedly is omnipresent and her statement contradicts that part, I just assumed for a while that what if GOD IS REAL but he's neglecting me because I don't show faith in him, or in simpler words, BECAUSE I DON'T PRAY? Thinking about this, I introspected a bit and came to the conclusion that if God is real, he is probably the worst entity out there. He's basically someone who hates you for not liking him. If you oppose his beliefs, you're a sinner and you should end up hell. If you don't pray to him, he would never want good things to happen to you. If you don't feel like including him in your life, your soul apparently incomplete. IF there is truly something as "God", it should probably focus more on the bad things that are happening in this world rather than being a narcissistic, demanding and biased towards people who come to beg in the church (or whatever is the name of the building in which you worship in your religion).

• 32 votes
  • 7 votes
pnm98 3 Dec 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

29 comments (26 - 29)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

He is a sick bastard...

DEISM - THE ONLY OPTION TO ATHEISM. (hahahah)
Deism is a form of Monotheism in which it is believed that a God or creator exists, but that this creator does not intervene in the world, or interfere with human life and the laws of the universe. It posits a non-interventionist creator who permits the universe to run itself according to natural laws. Like a painter after he sells his creation - it is over with.

If you get into a car wreck, do you blame the DMV? Just because things happen we don't like, doesn't mean God has it against us.

The control of entities such s DMV's or auto manufacturers is extremely limited in terms of what kinds of things they control, and the extent of their control over things they can. Your God presumably controls the entire universe,and has unlimited power. That's a responsibility far greater.

Which god, and what are they doing at Heathrow Airport airport at 3 pm?

Monotheists, particularly those who believe in a benevolent god have been trying to reconcile "bad thing happen to good people" for a while now.

They tend to focus on free will, and satan.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11083
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.