Agnostic.com

34 2

What do you say after someone sneezes?

Do you say anything when someone around you sneezes? If so, what?

bnielsen 3 Oct 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

34 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Either bless you (out of habit) or gesundheit.

CS60 Level 7 Oct 9, 2017

May the force be with you.
Response should be : And also with you.

Multiple sneezes - The force is strong with this one.

I actually lol'd. That's perfect.

I might have to start doing this ?

I had a person confront me after he sneezed. He was incensed that I didn't say "Bless You". He said, "Why didn't you say "bless you" when I sneezed ? I said, "Actually, I've never felt qualified to bless anyone ! " He shut up after that.

Gesundheit.

Get any on you?

I don't say anything.

Erika Level 2 Oct 9, 2017

Bless You. But it's a habit. Most people don't take it the way it was meant to be anyway, it's just a societal norm.

Gesundheit 😉

Hello beautiful 🥰, I've been trying to text you directly for a while but all to no avail! you're just too beautiful for me to resist so I had to find any way we could chat so I texted you here,hope you could text me directly....hope you see my comment and hope you don't mind if we chat and get to know each other better!have a nice night 🥰😊

Nothing at all..
I actually grew up in Caribbean where its common to say "excuse me" or "pardon me" after you've sneezed.

Hello beautiful 🥰, I've been trying to text you directly for a while but all to no avail! you're just too beautiful for me to resist so I had to find any way we could chat so I texted you here,hope you could text me directly....hope you see my comment and hope you don't mind if we chat and get to know each other better!have a nice night 🥰😊

Gesundheit. German for wishing you good health. I took three years of German (it was on my bucket list) so it’s pretty much a habit, along with other curse words and random sayings. Ich liebe Deutsch!

Gesundheit

Slainte. "Health" in Gaelic.

"Hash hopper!" My great grandmother used to say it, much to our amusement. I've never gotten an answer as to what it means or where it comes from.

Zster Level 8 Oct 9, 2017

Do you need a tissue?

SamL Level 7 Oct 9, 2017

I still say bless you out of habit.

Either gesundheit or nothing.

Unfortunately, I say God Bless you despite not being religious. It was drilled into my head as a kid, and never knew what else to say growing up. And so my first reaction is god bless you despite gazoontite. Or however you spell it.

I say "çok ya?a". Which means "long live" in Turkish. But that is also translates as "god bless you" into English. But it is not, since "god bless you" is "tanr? seni kutsas?n" in Turkish. And this is not even used by religulous people 🙂

Tolga Level 2 Oct 9, 2017

Kusuntite cosuntite kasuntite kosuntite these are all misspellings but something to this effect.
gusuntite gushuntite gesundheit There I found it.....helps when you have a librarian to help you. and everyone looks at me like I am bonkers.

gesundheit, basically it’s German for health; but I’m not German 🙂

I usually don't say anything. In my mind they had to Sneeze. That's the kind of life our bodies have to go through. It's normal. If anything is said that it comes from anyone else who decides to say something. If someone else says "God Bless You" Well? What Ever, just hope who says that means well. They just like to say things.

Although I am an atheist, I do still say "bless you", mostly out of reflex and because I was brought up that it was good manners. Old habits die hard, I suppose ?

I usually comment on how tiny or loud said sneeze was. Sometimes a bless you slips out from habit. Meh.

Bottom's up!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:1114
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.