Agnostic.com

7 2

Dating as an atheist

Do you feel it easier or difficult dating an atheist compared to someone into religion. And can you imagine yourself ( as a atheist or religious person ) marrying someone with different views of things and if children were involved, how would you,;: well not necessarily explaining, but teaching them the golden rule. And by the way. I'm single in the San Diego California area. Mixed race ( black and Chinese ) I also enjoy blah blah blah, blah blah blah, blah. I know such a shameless pick up line lol?

Qiru 6 June 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm actually separated and getting a divorce for this very reason. It is very difficult. I'm just lucky we are mature enough to part ways responsibly.

I have to laugh... I am single as of December 2016, and my daughter has been my biggest advocate for dating, including WHO and HOW. I mentioned on man who had written to me (via an online dating service) who has many nice qualities, but at the mention of his being christian, her voice took on a serious timbre, and she said "NO, Mother, you cannot date him." Period! I try to be respectful of everyone else's preferences, but dating a serious church-goer would eventually cause problems. I would much prefer dating someone with similar beliefs to my own!

Rustee Level 7 June 27, 2018

Rustee, I completely agree with you! If the other person is a trully religious/believer person it will eventually affect the relationship, but only if he/she wants the same from his/her partner, which much believers prefer anyway.

We were pretty godless in england where I was brought up, and pretty reticent about sharing beliefs openly - It wasnt really the done thing, so lots of choice but I never ever even knew a catholic. I think it might be hard to raise children if you have faith /different faiths I am grateful that I escaped those choices.I was born in 1948 post war and I think people just wanted a quiet life and the capacity to buy things.

jacpod Level 8 June 22, 2018

Me personally I have no issues with people that choose to have religion in his/her life, but you just can't go around saying what the whoop the lool about how a person is at peace with themselves and others. Just as I said to a friend of mine ( catholic ) after this planet decides to do what its gonna do. Can we still joke around and talk shit to each other. And his response was your going to hell, and of course I told him again that hell is pretend also lol, good times

As I consider a positive relationship is one based on honesty and respect, and I can not respect a theist person that dishonestly values faith (belief without evidence) a superior means to find (Truth) Things that can be demonstrated then testable reality, I do not waste my time dating someone I can not respect.

I've dealt with life by seeking open minded people. It's a survival tactic that atheists need to keep us sane. There was so much that I could've said or harped about but then I'd have had no life at all. It's tough enough trying to find that proverbial "needle in the haystack" that we desire to settle down and procreate with so imagine how hard it is to find that one atheist. I married an open minded christian and it lasted for 21 years. This site helps and I wish you luck. Question: Why did you mention your race?

I really don't care about who knows what about me. I don't live in pretend land

@Qiru My question wasn't meant to be offensive. I find that if people mention things like that then they feel that it matters. Does it?

Sorry to be super friendly, but if you would have caught the last part of the post,. Didn't mean to dizzy you

@Qiru I got you man. 😉 I haven't use a pick up line in over 12 years lol. I wouldn't know how now.

When I was younger I was believing that I will be able to change thinking of people and if there are different opinies one day will be harmony between they. Up to present I noticed that you can never change other people, because it's too hard to change yourself. So, unfortunately I think there aren't many chances between a religious and an atheist if they want to get married. They can be friends. But of course, the miracles happens.

Interesting

Hi, Qiru, and welcome to the website,

This website has a bit of a learning curve so here is some information that might be helpful.

You earn website points, and help other members get to know you better, when you write an informational profile that includes your hobbies and interests, and answer all the profile questions, since that's the first place many people look when they see a new member.

Also, the website uses your profile to find member matches, so the more details you include, the better the match.

Then you make comments and write your own posts to earn more points and privileges; for instance, at level two you can private email people. You get different perks with each level, and when you reach level eight you get an agnostic T-shirt.

To find members near you, click on the "Meet" button at the top of the page, then on "Members," and enter your preferred search parameters.
Or click on the "About" button at the top of the page to find links to FAQ or the website tutorial.
Click on the 'Meet" button to find member matches

Levels are mostly a way to help identify and reward those who contribute to the growth of the community. The website also gives more access and benefits depending on level.[agnostic.com]

Perks for each level: [agnostic.com]

Links to FAQ: [agnostic.com],
and a website tutorial: [agnostic.com]

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:112838
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.