Agnostic.com

27 7

Why don't you ever hear about demons possessing atheists?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Because demons aren't real.

Because we are the demons ??

Atheists are way more likely to look for mental health care when confronted with "possession", only a theist would think a mental break was divine.

Demons can't live in our heathen bodies !

I don't think you've being paying attention to what's actually happening... People get possessed because THEY ARE ATHEISTS, REPENT! #staywoke

Luces Level 4 June 24, 2018

Demons are too fearful of us godless types with no soul in their purview.

That sounds good. No soul why waste the time.

Maybe the Christians have a mental issue, and they go off the deep end making it look like they are possessed by a demon? I know. I know. Those who believe in a god, can be considered mentally ill (actual literature on that issue).

I have read actual articles on religious people who can be diagnosed with a mental disorder. Why? They believe in something that don't exist.

@iamjc I have a very hard time believing people becoming possessed by a demon or some sort of an entity. I do believe there are spirits and such around us all the time, but I am confident they wouldn't take over a human body.

Besides. If any possession of a human body does happen, it would be happening a lot and on a regular basis too. Not just once in a while.

@iamjc I'm not. I did leave the Christian faith almost two years ago. To me, when someone says demons or angles, I think of Hell or Heaven. I don't believe in Hell or Heaven any more either. I still think there are ghosts/spirits and similar out there. There ard articles out there about ghosts and spirits that are have me believing in them. Some people don't believe in ghosts or spirits. Some people don't believe we all have a soul, and once you die, that is it. I believe we all somehow get together after this life or maybe we go to another world. I have read articles on that too. Science seems to have the proof of parallel words, spirts, ghosts and related. It's this god that nobody can prove and god has never shown himself.

@iamjc Paranormal. That is the word I was looking for. We can messure ghosts/spirits and other entities with eguipment. Visual sightings and other odd activities that happen in one's home. But for a god, we have no solid proof.

Well, who would you call? Ghostbusters?

Demons don't believe we exist!!

Maybe we are all possessed and that's why we are Atheists?

I like my demons. They tell me things.

Because it's all imaginary, and we're not obsessed with finding exterior causes for our shortcomings?

If you are talking about one of the seven Princes of Hell type of way, then yes I was. One night literally saw demons coming out of the wall! Really! I had to call someone to come over to my apartment! Oh I forgot to mention that that was the very last time I took ambien. Next morning the rest of that shit got flushed down the toilet.

@6079BondarA Most adults have gotten sleep paralisis. It's not uncommon. But I now know not to flush pills down the toilet. Didn't know it at the time. My mind set was it's either them or me. I know I've seen disposals at the court house. I didn't want to throw them in the trash either. Someone could have gotten to them. I wasn't in my right mind, but in a metro area of over a million people I doubt it did any harm. Won't do it again tho.

Becuase WE have no soul to inhabit! That would probably be a Xtians explanation.

Because we have some sense..lol

It would be a very boring movie.

Count Level 5 June 24, 2018

Because demons are afraid I'd take control of their powers and go all Devil May Cry on their @$$e$.

Keita Level 5 June 24, 2018

I think you have to believe in it for it to happen. It's kind of the same thing as having a sixth sense or seeing ghosts, if you are to closed minded to believe that it's even possible than for you it's not possible.

If that happened wouldn't the person automatically be a Catholic or Moslem? 🙂

xyz123 Level 7 June 24, 2018

Demon: oh...oh noooo...this person is too dark even for me

That a good question and very funny

I don't answer my phone when it's a zip code I live in. Why would I accept a call from the demon dimensions, especially if it's collect?

Since there's no God, why would there be demons. Or, are we talking events and actions that "haunt" us ?

I think it has something to do with fake news not getting to the right reporters... waiting for the WH spokesperson to discover the dirty little secret.

Because the Christians tortured and murdered them before they could.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:114786
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.