Agnostic.com

9 3

Do you think the restaurant in Virginia that refused to serve Sarah Hucka-Sanders acted correctly?

Friday Sarah H-S and friends went to the Red Hen Restaurant in Lexington, Va to dine. The owner took her aside and requested that she depart, as she defends "an inhumane and unethical" administration." Some cite the recent Masterpiece Cakeshop ruling as justification; others point that BIDEN was refused (once) during his term as VP. Just to give my opinion, I do not think this right; as much as I might dislike the GOP and Ms. Hucka-Sanders, I would still wish to see her treated with civility. Refusing to let her eat on political grounds is just throwing red meat to Trump's craw.

• 19 votes
  • 3 votes
  • 2 votes
BookDeath 8 June 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

yes...long since time...but honestly I'm more concerned about all brown people around me right now... I'm terrified for them. Everything is being looted.

Well, I remember when a certain clerk refused to issue a marriage license to a gay and she was made a conservative hero for it. And recently a Walgreens pharmacist refused to give a "miscarriage" drug to a woman who was carrying a dead fetus and idiot conservatives defend him for "preventing a murder" although the baby inside her was DEAD. And of course the cake thing happened. So I'm sorry, if a few GOP members get thrown out of a few restaurants, I really can't feel too badly for them. It amazes me how quickly they turn into blubbering snowflakes and whine that "it wasn't supposed to happen to ME". We have decided its legally OK to discriminate against people we don't like - so let the hate games continue. BTW, who started these hate games? The party of hate, wearing their Fuck Your Feelings t-shirts and bumper stickers. May it return on them threefold!

Problem is, when the left goes low, that action
In and of itself, renergies and pulls together Trump's base. We can't stoop to their low tactics. They'll wI n and not us. They're better at crassness than the left. They'be had lots more practice. Don't play in their arena.

t1nick Level 8 June 25, 2018

Jeeze accountability much. I get so tired of hearing that blame the left song ...

Every business has the right (US right) to refuse service to anyone. Ever see a sign: "No shirt, no shoes, no service"? In the 60's, there was "Men with Long Hair, No Service." I respected it and did not go into those places.

xyz123 Level 7 June 25, 2018

Apparently she was being judged by the content of her character...

Apparently, she was fine with the ''baker refused to do business with a same-gender couple'' business. So...you know what they say about karma....and turn-about.

It reduces us to their level and I believe we are better than them. Just because they are stupid to label people and refuse them service of any kind does not mean we should adopt their methods. We are better than that

Marine Level 8 June 25, 2018

Marine -- seriously, where has all our niceness gotten us? I'm not saying we need to behave like morons, but really, going high all the damn time is part of the reason our country is in the shambles we are in. I think anyway.

@BlueWave I am tempted to go along with the owner but it just saids do not act like them. We can find other ways to hurt themnamely money . Let's tax the crap out of them when we get in!

@Marine Speaking of money....have you heard that Harley-Davidson is moving offshore? Funny thing, I read this morning that they were the first company that the moron invited to the White House once he infested it.

And, the soybean farmers, etc. are preparing to take a huge hit?

I can only hope (with all my heart and soul) that the ones who voted for him bear the very worst financial pain of his ill-formed "plans."

@BlueWave Carrier the one he gave such a big cheer about laid off 1200 people at the plant he was promoting.

Who cares? Apparently it's ok to refuse service to LGBT people, so titt for tatt, right? If I owned a restaurant, Sarah Huckabee Sanders could keep herself and her fucked up belief system out of my establishment too.

The owner was very concerned about removing people from her facility. The place is well know locally and most workers there are transgender or gay. She got the call that Sanders was there and the owner drove down to speak with employees asking what they wanted to do , not her, but her workers. They recall how Sarah banned them from marriage and even from society, Sarah calls them perverts and is disgusted by non hetero. So with that I say let her feel the humiliation received for just being who you are.

EMC2 Level 8 June 25, 2018

@BookDeath Thanks for this insight.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:115281
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.