Agnostic.com

5 1

Was Bill Maher correct?

Maher stated that it is mostly a recession that deposes aa administration & its successor. So hope for a recession which will come with Trump's policies. It is already in the process of eliminating low wage, jobs with no union protection & with union protection. For the 1st time in my life I am hoping for a recession.

Mooolah 8 June 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Too many Americans have the mistaken idea that the stock market reflects our economy. It doesn't, for anyone of my acquaintance.

One is doing well if one is invested in the stock market. A minority is. A minority is doing well. The majority is not, but the Trump ilk, the blue collar white male high school educated or drop out are living large vicariously, as HE brags of HIS wealth they cheer. Lay offs loom on the horizon due to HIS tariff trade war. Jobs in Mexico=less illegal migration. HIS minions just can not think deeply. They are visceral.

Maybe one, probably two years from now - We will be right back into a recession. Takes a while for the current president's policies to affect us.

Not looking forward to it, but lets hope Maher is correct.

SirJet Level 5 June 26, 2018

I think that people rebel when they perceive they are not well off economically. They anger and revolt when friends and family are killed. The current administration is not doing good things for the people. IMO, the November elections will show people are not satisfied with the Republicans.

EdEarl Level 8 June 26, 2018

Absolutely, as long as there's a perception that the economy is doing well, Trumps support will remain strong enough to keep the possibility of re-election alive.......But, I think Dems and liberals should keep their wish for a recession to themselves!!

yes I will hope along with you especially as we are in no hope territory ourselves.

jacpod Level 8 June 26, 2018
Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:116277
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.