Agnostic.com

26 3

“The banana is the atheists nightmare "

A quote from Ray Comfort. Any of us willing to admit we can't sleep at night because of the creation/evolution of the banana? I've decided to take him quite literally, and do this poll just to see how wrong (or right, let's be fair.) he is.

• 8 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 12 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 20 votes
  • 13 votes
Dav87 6 Dec 30

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

26 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Here is a link that debunks the theory.

Enough said.

Betty Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

I voted he doesn't understand evolution, and I like Bananas. 🙂

What Ray doesn't know is that the Banana he says fits so perfectly in our hands because god made it that way is false.

The reason Bananas look like they do today is that us humans made them look that way through selective breeding

I doubt Ray Comfort drinks beer, which is unfortunate...

Haha. I needed that

One of the best things I ever learned from playing ice hockey was how to open a beer bottle with a hockey stick

Huh?
Yum.. Bananas.

Have you ever noticed how silly humans are at eating bananas backwards? Here's the way I do it!

That's interesting... that's how my Russian ex eats bananas. What does that mean? Russians are more evolved than Americans?

@godef Yep that's how my African ex eats bananas too. And me now. So much more satisfying.

So good he showed us twice!
That is the preferred method in my household also.

@GoldenDoll Easier to gt started if the banana's a little green.

Lol

How lovely it would be if the banana was our biggest problem.

dkp93 Level 8 Dec 31, 2017

Have you ever noticed that banana flavoring doesn’t taste like bananas?

[hoaxes.org]

Lol.

its gross

Fake strawberry "flavoring" is the worst. Bleah.

Ray Comfort is bananas.

I will start questioning my atheism as soon as nature produces trees that grow twist off beer bottles. Oh, and I have really enjoyed the comments on this post.

I think this guy, like so many others, is obsessed by phallic symbols. HE is the athiest's nightmare.

My nightmare would be two guys shoveling a banana down my throat and telling me it's Satan's member. With only two choice's, up or down.

I confess I don't like bananas - but my dislike is entirely a matter of taste and texture, not religious philosophy.

Ray Comfort doesn't understand bananas which is a damn shame because he is bananas

Would think that bananas would lead us more to Darwin theory of the evolution of monkeys.

Bananas, especially ripe ones, elicit my gag reflex....why are you making me think of them??

Good gawd, what imagery!

@godef ummm, to be perfectly clear......it is the gummy texture of bananas that gags me. Feel better now?

Damn apples! They must've been created by Lucifer. And cannabis... smoking it in your hand without an implement really sucks.

Goat Level 5 Dec 31, 2017

I don't know, I think bananas are probably natures way of turning us on. Most men I know like watching women eating bananas, and as a gay man, A guy with a banana can be a real turn on. NO nightmare here.

First domesticated over 7000 years ago, bananas have been, over thousands of years, selectively bred to have really tiny non-fertile seeds. Wild bananas contain big, hard seeds and very little flesh.
Without the genetic modification by selective breeding, bananas would be almost inedible.

Our commercial bananas have been specially bred over the years so that they are seedless triploids that do not form mature seeds. Every single Cavendish banana is genetically exactly the same. They are all clones, descendants of one single banana.

If you’ve noticed little black dots in the middle of the banana, you’ve discovered immature seeds that won’t develop, which happens with triploids.

Instead of using seeds, commercial banana trees are reproduced by using banana pups. The banana tree forms rhizomes that form into a little tree known as a pup that can be removed and planted elsewhere.

Which means, they’re all sterile, and each new banana plant has to be manually planted from a cutting of existing banana roots.

This genetic homogeneity is of course quite risky. If a parasite or disease becomes particularly adept at infecting the Cavendish, they could all be affected very quickly.

Bananas are good. Better in a smoothie....... but really, bananas are not even supposed to be that yellow.

MoniB Level 6 Dec 31, 2017

This is the most clickbait title ever. But I am intrigued, over the past century we've seriously modified bananas which used to have seeds. So yummy.

Wild bananas are filled with seeds an inedible by humans.

This definitely made my day🙂

Has anyone bothered to point out to Mr. Comfort that humans are the only animal that actually bothers to peel the banana? Not much of an argument for 'intelligent design' if the design only applies to one species...

They say a man thinks about sex on average every 8 seconds... which is why I always try to eat a banana in 7 seconds or less. Comfort is a demonstrable blithering fool.

What a DumbAss ????

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:11640
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.